New IGT Version 2 - Tell Us What You Want!

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by lord_neo, Dec 5, 2004.

1. awaz_bass

awaz_bass Don't mistake for F*RT

New Music Section

As most of the guys suggested it will be a nice idea to have a separace section to store the (Chords/Tabs) etc.

There are many contributions done on this site but it will be a nice idea to take atleast the best rated contributions in and store them separate section (Archives - Seciton).

The guests and regular members then search in this area for Song Chords/Tabs etc and if they dont find them in this section can then request from other folks.

My 2 cents.

Thanks

2. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

^^ man thats a good idea..the tabs /chord section shud b separated.

3. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

I concur! Thats a good idea tabs and chords will be seperated in IGT V2, thanx for the input.

4. nehemiah

nehemiah New Member

@ lord....since ur signature does talk of giving away (and also taking!) how abt we get more for the points we gather, like something material, eg. a PRS.. what say?

5. rechts_234

rechts_234 New Member

i'm completely against this idea

6. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

@vivekthakur - i tihnk that will take up too much precious bandwidth. - we can upload midis instead - theyre much smaller...

@ananth: yes that would be awesome - even for writing lessons.

@nehemiah - haha good one- y not all guitars?

my own idea - how about a section for bass - i dont play bass but there should be a place to put in bass tabs...

7. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

why chat room open just once in a month.y not once in week or so <or ven daily>????

8. johnbovi

johnbovi New Member

print option

There should be an option to take print out of a single post without having to take print out of whole page, or copying the text into another text editor.

You can put a print button with each post

9. golisoda

golisoda Comfortably Numb

john... yah I have the same problem here... I second this please put in a print option for a post... The print for just the text in the post. This would help many like me who would want to keep prints of those valuable posts.

10. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

@john & golisoda: Ever tried hitting that little button at the top right-hand corner of your post? (you know the one that tells you the post #. in your cases #148 and #149).

Try pressing it and see the magic.

11. golisoda

golisoda Comfortably Numb

@death.... thanks dude for letting me know. and sorry for the ignorance.

12. amit82cse

amit82cse Silent observeR

I had started the separate thread that got closed by DrSaurabh.

Here are my wants...

1. "Portal" page should get auto-refreshed in every 10 second.
    2. I need another look n feel for my portal. Atleast some colors should be thrown out there.
    3. From any thread/page, i should be able to start a new thread in any forum quickly. I think best would be to another menu in top-menubar for this with drop-down listing all the available forums

13. amit82cse

I feel need for BIGGER TEXT AREA for submitting chords or tabs. Currently its very small scrollable square.

14. amit82cse

There should be a way to mark a post as "submission". Requirement is to have metadata associated with each post to differenciate the casual conversative post with a actual submission post in a same thread. This has lots of advantages like providing the index on all the songs.

15. amit82cse

Users should be allow to add their favorite/important/useful IGT related threads in public profile under a separate section.