New IGT Version 2 - Tell Us What You Want!

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by lord_neo, Dec 5, 2004.

1. Zion

Zion *** Santana Ka Baap ***

i feel there should be two different sections....

one on tabs. in which only songs with tabs.. so its easier to locate them.. if u r serching for tabs.

and the other for chords. in which there are only chords.. so if anyone is intrested in only chords then he would find what he needs more easily.. what do u guys think........?????

2. guns n roses

guns n roses Pro Guitarist

I think its a good idea if we have a little forum thing with thw following

Have like a band list and Neo can apoint some one to do news for each band and upcomning crap. for ex.

Jayanth seems to know a lot about Megadeath so he can be like a "mod" for megadeath, i mean just main bands US and India < i guess.

3. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

I think this would be a disaster. Having forums for particular bands will result in a huge board structure. A much better option would be for IGT to have a front page using a news back-end such as b2evolution and certain forum members to be designated as newsposters. It would be their responsibility to maintain it and update it. Different newsposters would have different responsibilities. For example we could have 2 newsposters to India-related rock news, 2 for western-related rock etc.

4. @neo more activity in eng req tabs forum

5. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

What do you mean by more activity?

6. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

@dmf, gr8 idea..abt the front page news section..

@theguitaristofm, it is upon the members.

@neo, wen is it going to happen?

7. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Cant say yet, will update you soon.

8. El macho

El macho New Member

Hey!
    IGT is indeed Rocking!
    Well a little suggestion from me! dunno if someone has given it already!
    But can we have a scope to review our works by the experts, like by posting the recordings! this may be put under strict rules & schedule though! what say?

:Rock on:

9. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Yes, that can be managed.

10. nadish

nadish Active Member

I've a fantastic Idea for IGT, How abt me as Admin or at least Moderator of IGT??? ;)

11. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

separate the Tabs section n the Forums sections...

12. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

heres' what i had suggested in a different thread :

can we have a song gallery? where IGT-ers can upload their own original compositions? say for 2 weeks duration....the mods can decide which ones are worth retaining perpanently.

just like we have a pic gallery....a pic gallery for concerts would be nice too.... say someone goes to the mark knopfler concert, and uploads a few snaps that he/she took of that concert so that the ones not so lucky to have been there can connect to the fun ?

also, cant we have a portal which shows all the latest threads that have been answered to, regardless of the forum the thread belongs to. if someone wants to go and see he can always go to the forum page (our current portal). go to the homepage of www.indiamike.com to see what i mean. click on "forum" and you will see all the forums (that page is their equivalent of our portal). once in the forum page, you will notice a link called "home" which takes you back to the home page, where all the latest threads are listed, regardless of forum. the reason i suggest this is that suppose there have been 3 answers in the lyrics forum (amongst the latest 10 answers) and 3 in the chit-chat lounge, then with our present design we need to enter the lyrcs fourm to check those 3 out and then jump back to the chit-chat to get the latest 3 from there and so on. in the other way all the latest (say 12-15) posts are visible, and "forum hopping" gets cut down a lot.

13. daffodil

daffodil bright little flower

hey, uploading sound files is a nice idea. that way all sound files of jay rizaaj subhra etc.... will be in one place....
    but the second idea you were talking about ( to cut forum hopping) is already there in this igt version itself. click on "new posts" on top and u'll see list of all latest posts regardless of forum categories.

14. Subhro

Subhro Argentina lost :&quot;(

:shock: :shock: ... ????
    my sound files ???????? :shock: :shock:... flattrd :p:

sry.. offtopic.

15. daffodil

daffodil bright little flower

^^^... oh u didnt, i though u did once.... not vocal though .....
    oppsi ....

16. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

damn and #@$@#$%#W^%$&^$#@%!@#ERTY*^(INDGTEHESGEFVS%@%%

all these days i wasted my time forum hopping and mouse clicking and then today i expained the concept in gory detail, only to find it was already there !! :(

anyway, now thats the one i am gonna use....... ty for pointion out

17. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Haha...Jamhead...lol! Yes, we are working on song file hosting.

18. Sanjay Mazumder

Sanjay Mazumder ~..::MASTERMIND::..~

Song file hosting...... Wow !

19. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

^Yeah dude;) Wait for it;)

20. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

Uncensor the word S E X. It's not a profanity and I don't see why it's censored.