New IGT Version 2 - Tell Us What You Want!

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by lord_neo, Dec 5, 2004.

1. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

IndianGuitarTabs.com in a short period of time has definitely started a revolution among the South-Asian Guitarists. Just two years ago even the concept of having an online community of Indian Guitar Enthusiasts was deemed impossible and waste of time. There was just no medium through which we could have interacted, there was just no place for an indian guitarist.

But look at us now we nearing to 4000 strong members with thousands of hits received everyday, hundreds and hundreds of tabs tabbed and a need for more bandwidth almost every month! We have not only brought together Indian Guitar Enthusiast but also Pakistani, Bangladeshi, Nepalese, Sri Lankan etc almost the whole of South-Asia!

Now its time to take another bold step, a time for IGT Version 2 (IGT V2). This new version of the site will have those most amazing of features. The work on the new IGT V2 is schedule to begin on Feb-March 2005.

We are now looking for inputs for this projects. We would like to hear your views on how to make IGT better, tell us what you would like to see on new IGT V2.

.......................................................................................................

New Ideas
    -----------------------
    DMF - New site skin, Reviews section

Jayswami - Classified, Directory of seperate sections for chords tabs and bass tabs, archive for just the songs (crd,tab,btab)

Jayanth - Hosting Mp3s

Rizaaj - News section with latest music news, a list of top 100 tabs, list of top 10 tabbers

Pacific - Library of Best Tuorials, Free music softwares

Theguitaristofm - Sepratre section to request and submit chords and tabs, tabs rating

Jay - Upcoming events

Strings - Shop

2. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

How about a new forum skin?

3. Sonali

Sonali ::>> Welcome <<::

i think IGT is already as good as it could get....i don't know if there is any way you can improve on it......but i'm sure you'll find a way, best of luck with it neo, zoom, and essi.....i'm sure it'll be awsome :rockon:

4. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

seperate sections for chords,tabs and bass tabs,musicians wanted section where one can put classified ads.
    once songs are posted, have an archive for just the songs (crd,tab,btab)
    in tune with other such western guitar tab sites. using search postings to get a song tab is painful.

5. DesiPride143

DesiPride143 BEHAVE!

good look neo,,,my best wishes and as sonali says,,this site is already the best so i don't know how could u improve it...so....

6. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

Also could we have a reviews section where members can post reviews about an album, dvd, band etc?

7. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

i all gotta say is best of luck for the Ver. 2, rest all as sonali said is best..

and the idea about the reviews section is also great by DMF...

8. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

Although you can already post reviews in the Music sectiom, I think this is a great idea. :)

9. jayanth

jayanth &lt;.: : Call Quits : :.&gt;

Webspace for Our own MP3's.. And Also A Section for Events and reviews of Cds etc..

10. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

Thats what i was about to post, Limited webspace for our own MP3's

hey, how about a news section, wich includes all the latest news from world's music industry, a list of top 100 tabs, list of top 10 tabbers..

will post everything as i remember that can be added

11. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Thank you for your support! Ideas which we like the best will be listed on the first thread so that people dont repeat the same thing. All your ideas so far have been excellent, keep it coming!

12. pacificwaters

pacificwaters - .+:| Oriel |:+. -

well IGT is too good.

but what i think is that is it possible to have a thread for a song, whereby it will have its tabs and followed by the chords etc.once the comments etc on the thread where there was posting of tabs and chords is over, is it not possible to convert these into an archive and put it in a sort of a library with details as to who posted it ...etc etc..the rest of unnecesary comments can be removed. however the comments that can enrich knowledge about the song can be kept. this way there will be a library where we can go and search the tabs for a particular song. and by removing the unnecessary comments after the thread is closed for posting can help solve bandwidth problem.this way while posting fun will also be there and after thread is closed, serious guitaring knowledge can also be got.

in addition to it if details can also be given about recording ones own songs, some free music softwares that can be kept for downloading or its links etc might help too.....

also i saw some threads posted by jayanth, whereby he gave lessons on guitaring and some friendly tips. these were in the from of a thread. so if after sufficient tips are got if these too are made in the form of an archive and kept in the fictional library on IGT, it would be easier to search as well as frequent bandwidth excesses can be taken care of by converting the entire thread into a concise material.....

well these are just my views....

well what more IGT is already the best in its present form.......

13. Well i'ld like to thank the whole team of IGT coz i bought my guitar in june n was without any help abt how to play. since i've joined in u folks have shown me how to play tabbings in which am very good now n recently with the help of jayanth n others i've been able to play chord all this only thnx to online teachers i can say
    well for any suggestion could u plzz provide separate sections for tabs n chords n also make a beginner section where we can provide better help to newbies there's already one but a few improvements seem better n the idea of meeting online seems great thnx to u all folks

14. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

@Pacific, i agree with your comments but the concept of having to choose the best comment can only be done by a human and cannot be automated and seeing how many posts we have each day its not feasible.

15. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

theguitaristofm@ Yes good ideas, not sure about chat though but will still try to work something out.

16. another change will b to give a rating to the chords or tabs in the forum n convert them into a library not archieve as sb said earlier

17. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Ok, thats good idea aswell!

18. BIG_EVIL

BIG_EVIL Guitaring Machine

Hey lord Neo........i think there should be a chat room
    where all members can chat abt.......ANYTHING.
    GOOD LUCK!

19. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Yes, we are thinking of doing something about it too.

20. tejas

tejas ..........

Cool ideas so far. They've drained out my brain power. Well, this is the only idea, that comes into my mind, lets have an articles forum. The articles need not be only about guitar playing, but can be about music in general. Like, history of bands, music and genres etc..Thats all.