new guitar

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by kid2050, Sep 17, 2011.

1. kid2050

kid2050 New Member

hey guys! please help me buy a new hollow-body electric guitar. will yamaha gigmaker do? my range is around 10,000
    and any idea on how to lower strings of an acoustic hollow guitar??? i tried sandpaper but its soooo slow!

2. kid2050

kid2050 New Member

thanx. wt about les paul?

i checked out the les paul II on its site. and it will cost me Rs 13000($282) is it nice? im a intermediate player. although i have expwrience of 3 years but due to no teacher for the last 2 years ive been trying to practise all by myelsf and internet. i wanna learn electric now and know the power chords, and some riffs. alos, my acoustic guitar's action is too high and i dont know how to lower it. i cant visit the shop many times as its 30 kms away and i am 15 so cant go alone. will the les paul be available in nashik?

thankyou very much

3. guitarplayer729

guitarplayer729 New Member

i dont think it will be available in nasik
    buy a solid body electric instead
    hollow electrics are expensive >20k

4. kid2050

kid2050 New Member

and i checked acoustic guitars fender DG 8S really catches my eye. and i think its really a good guitar with a solid spruce top and laminated mahogany sides and back.. will it be available in nashik??
    thanx very much man...

5. baba7444

baba7444 New Member

hi kid2050, my native place is nasik, my parents are still living in nasik. i lives in pune due to job. if you want any help from me, i will find it for you.

6. kid2050

kid2050 New Member

thanx baba

yeah my choice is between fender DG8S and epiphone DR200S.. can i find them both in nashik???

7. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

though i m not sure if you need Electric or an acoustic guitar.. fender DG8S and epiphone DR200S will not fall in 10k range.. For Epi you can try contacting furtados as they now stock them and if its not in stock they'll order it...

8. kid2050

kid2050 New Member

those guitars will cost me around Rs16,000 but it will do... furtados? is this a shop? cuz on net it just shows a site

9. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

10. kid2050

kid2050 New Member

ok i tuk long tym fr a reply! and things have changed.. im intrested in greg bennet avion av3 or torino series... range is sumvat near rs18,000 and plz suggest sum gud amps
    also, temme what use is a processor or pedal... thnxx

11. guitarplayer729

guitarplayer729 New Member

processor or pedal is used to add effect that a person requires in his playing
    like distortion, overdrive, reverb, echo, wah etc
    a good amp would be peavey vypyr
    but if u prefer single effects
    then buy a 10-15w practice amp
    and buy a dist. pedal with it