New Guitar For Metal Under 20k

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by amithkallupalam, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Sumanovo razor

Sumanovo razor New Member

does any one own a seven string guitar or violin

2. ayu135

ayu135 New Member

Thats what i meant to say deepsal, if he thinks spending 30k is worth it, he should. What i menat was if he isnt that serious and maybe say quits after two months of buying that guitar the 30k wont be justified. But as i can see is serious and plays live and stuff. I'd recommend saving up, and infact saving up more for a decent amp and some good effects pedals too.

3. deepsal

deepsal New Member

@suman i played a rg1527z once for 10 mins or so,tried playing buttersnips by periphery and failed miserably loved its neck but didnt liked its sound the stock pups were muddy and morever it was basswood its good for born of oris kinda stuff but not for djent imo

4. deepsal

deepsal New Member

@ayu you mean school band competitions,they never fail to make me lul

5. amithkallupalam

amithkallupalam New Member

@Deepsal. Thats enough dude! I get it! Thanks for all the help cuz you've really been helpful but please! We all know you play well just keep it down! There are normal people here! And by the way, I'll never ever ever quit on the guitar, ever. I've made too much progress to quit.

6. amithkallupalam

amithkallupalam New Member

Dude things are much costlier in saptaswara. Bajaao and furtados have the cheapest prices.

7. ayu135

ayu135 New Member

Buying guitars online is kinda hit-n-miss. But yeah if they have a decent return policy it can be okay. I prefer trying before buying though.

8. Sumanovo razor

you will get lot cheaper in kolkata...but its too far from kerala...well m not a metal head...but still adore it...thats why went to see the metallica concert in bangalore...though personally i didnt like their performance at all but still its better to go to a metallica concert than attending a funeral brass band or a band baja baraat...

9. faraz.bronx

faraz.bronx New Member

@deepsal - i was talking about a Marshall Jvm205H on high end and MA100H on low end..but u just took the names of 2 much too much costlier amps..dunno frm where u get ur grub bro, but seems to me tht u have a LOT to spend if ur casually talking about amps worth 2000$ +..

@amit - dont u think you've got more than enuf suggestions on ur query? y not just decide and be done with it..coz frankly, its getting tiresome now..

10. Vader

Vader New Member

@amit
    Never buy a guitar online.. always try before you buy... how will you know the feel of the guitar if you dont try it?
    go for rgx121z

@ayu135
    You seem to know quite a bit about guitars so i'll try to explain...
    I suggest adding springs only for mahogany...
    1. Thicker wood
    2. Denser wood
    3. Stronger wood
    So when you are increasing the internal and external tension tension a greater force is applied on the wood...
    which makes the guitar more prone to warping...
    however warping only occurs when it is not done correctly
    There are percentage values for this
    i dont remember
    but
    i think the tension must be at least 94% equivalent to prevent warping in basswood
    standard Indonesian gutiars have around 98%
    most Indian shops when performing this reach 92% one way or the other.. bad ones goes down to 85%!
    which is less...
    I dont remember for mahogany but its less than basswood something like (91%)
    so assuming you get this done by a luthier who actually knows shit for indian standards he'll get u around 93%
    which could cause warping in basswood but not in mahogany...
    got it?

I was told this really long back so i dunno how correct the values are or if i've messed them up
    but this is pretty much how the concept works...

11. guitarplayer729

guitarplayer729 New Member

if he quits i would take the guitar from him
    okay???

12. ayu135

ayu135 New Member

Vader, wouldnt the neck material have greater role to play than the body material for this? And i've never heard about the guitar body warping due to the tension in strings or the springs of the tremolo. Usually the neck is never made of basswood. And you usually add more springs if you are moving on to a higher gauge of strings. And ofcourse the neck will warp for any wood in the world even if you simply let it be with the strings on for a long period of time irrespective of it having a tremolo or not. And i dont think body wood whether it is basswood or mahogany has any role to play in deciding whether to add more springs or not. And the point in having a tremolo is balancing the string tension with the spring tension, add more springs if the existing springs cannot provide enough tension if not no need to add more springs. This applies to any wood.

13. Sumanovo razor

well the truss rod inside the neck is designed in such a way that it tends to move the neck in backward direction and the strings counterpull the neck so as to keep the whole thing in equilibrium.the warping of the neck is irrespective of the type of wood used in the body of a guitar...one thing i wanna mention is you will find difficulty in doing bendings on a heavier gauge strings...i use heavier gauge strings and 3mm stubby...just to make the tone as much mellower and warmer as possible...

14. ayu135

ayu135 New Member

Though this is true, more applicable for fixed bridges. Floating bridges's are bit different. Though there is a truss rod in all guitars.

15. Sumanovo razor

hey you metalheads can anyone tell me why the metal genre of music is called as 'metal'

16. guitarplayer729

maybe because it has a metallic tone?

17. Sumanovo razor

then according to you people wat would be a great starter guitar ,amp,pedals for metal...irrespective of budget...and yes also mention the best guitar ,amps,pedal ...

18. guitarplayer729

make a new thread

Vader likes this.