New Guitar For Metal Under 20k

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by amithkallupalam, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Sumanovo razor

Sumanovo razor New Member

hey deepsal you seem to be a metal freak...well i wanna change my powersound pickups of my cort x2vnfr guitar...nowadays i feel that i need something extra...and the powersound pups are not producing the kind of tone i want...so what pups would you recommend me...i mostly play jazz.,hard rock,guns and roses songs,rhcp and metal ...i know i mixed the genre's and band names together but still...what kind of pickups for my guitar.passive or active...and m planning to route my guitar to put a single coil between the 2 humbuckers or else try coil splitting...i've heard of pickups from seymour duncan which have one of the coils wound hotter than the other in a humbucker to give a tone nearer to single coils...how are they... there is not much gap between my guitar's humbucker but still i can manage to put a single coil between them...will it affect the sound?...

2. Sumanovo razor

i couldnt find any guitar named cort zvl ...i could only find cort evl which i mentioned earlier ...

3. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Because there'e no zvl... and EVL Z4 and Z6 are fixed bridge

4. faraz.bronx

faraz.bronx New Member

gud advice bro ..and i agree with av3 not being a metal guitar..i own it, so i know..

deepsal..we're all just here to help out..so i dont want trouble, sorry if i was offensive..but if u abuse me again, swear ill cut ur balls off and feed them to u..

the guy asked a question about guitars, not pups..and blackouts ARE the best, no doubt..i have tried them out, installed on an f 100fm..they sound beast whn played on an EL34 valve enabled marshall..but they'r not cost effective, more thn 12k on just the pups wont get him a guitar UNDER 20k..think rationally..his budget for pups is 4-5 k max, if u didnt read tht..go thru it again..

and amit..dont upgrade ur pacifica with better pups like the guyz said..and do try out the cort..they're really good..

if ur looking for heavy psychedelic stuff..and with vader's points in mind..i guess u have a decent guitar already..vypyr is gud..go for an Ibanez TS9 or a boss SD-1 or a marshall amp having EL34 vacumm tube..believe me, u'll go insane with satisfaction..

5. Sumanovo razor

guess i have to start a new thread...no one is there to help me out ;(

6. faraz.bronx

faraz.bronx New Member

naw naw..lol..wht can we help you with..first..the basic difference with active and passive pups is the sustain, low hum, low noise in active..passive are just the coils wound around a magnet to create sound by the vibrations in strings..active are very similar + they have a preamp..and they need batteries..(may have less wounding than passive..)

and dude, where wud u install the single coil on your guitar..there is no friggin space?!! :p

neway, try the demarzio dp110 fs-1 or EMG-HZ S3 (which i've used)..wht more do u wanna know..just ask =)

7. Sumanovo razor

check my previous post in this thread...you would come to know...i know cort x2vnfr is a double humbucker guitar...planning to route the body...how are blackouts for cleans

8. deepsal

deepsal New Member

putting new pups in a x2 wont be of any use mehhh
    actives are better for tubes
    the high output drives tube amps
    a ts9 is waiting for me in delhi my cousin got it from u.s for 5k
    ts9+blackouts+6505 amp head =s e x
    i will post some clips of the setup in december mid

9. guitarplayer729

guitarplayer729 New Member

y is everything for u s e x deepsal

10. amithkallupalam

amithkallupalam New Member

OKay guys thanks for all the feedback. But I have a few questions.
    1) Why shouldn't I change my pickups?
    2) What would the use of a tube screamer or an overdrive pedal be with a vypyr and when I dont have enough budget for a new amp?
    3)Finally, What should I really do?

11. ayu135

ayu135 New Member

Wow this thread has really become confusing. And Razor i think hijacking someone else's thread is bad practice, some might consider it outright rude, moreover it confuses the OP. Start a new thread where you may be able to explain your question better and get better replies.
    Answers to your questions amit
    1) To keep is short, Crap guitar + Good pickups= Crap, Okay guitar+Good Pickups= Good
    2) He was talking about getting those stuff along with a good tube amp, you have no use in a vypyr.
    3) Buy a good guitar now among the many suggested. Go to the guitar shop with a paper which has all the models we recommended here, try them out and choose what feels right to YOU. Because you and say deepsal are different your tastes may be different. Try out the the stuff he and the others have told you and if it feels right superb buy it.

12. Sumanovo razor

well sorry for hijacking a thread...but anyways i was the first one to suggest him cort evl...which i hope all agreed...i know m always right...hehe....well.i dont think you get to test each and every pickups you like...well m not sure...in a couple of months m gonna buy an american special telecaster...hehe...then i will kick all your A**...huuuhuuuhaahahaha

13. amithkallupalam

The problem is that I live in kerala and over here, the nearby music stores dont stock costly guitars. Just beginner ones.
    Or should I wait a bit and collect 30k or something and then get a new guitar? Cuz I am not in a hurry.

14. faraz.bronx

faraz.bronx New Member

yeah the wait and watch never ends..u'll end up spending more than u can afford..

go get a cort evl z4..nice EMG passive pups for 19k tops or try any or all the guitars the guyz mentioned here and choose wisely....order online if u must..but thts not ideal..blackouts are very haute' but 6100 each (count 12200 for a pair!)..save money for a gud processor..emg are doable, duncan can wait..and buy a gud marshall amp + cabinets (it'll cost quite a few d'blunes but worth it..)

last question..do u even play live? or are in a metal oriented band? or all this is just for fun in the bedroom? (not for THT..mind u :p )

15. ayu135

ayu135 New Member

This decision you will have to make buddy. But you will surely get better guitars at 30k. I am myself going to get one around the 30k mark on maybe 30 December. I also live at a place where the stores arent well stocked and i'm travelling to Mumbai to buy a new guitar.

Consider your priorities, are you ready to wait? Are you serious enough about guitar playing to warrant investing Rs.30,000? But the costs will not end there you will surely need a better amp as well to go along with the guitar if not immediately maybe later, pedals to add effects, Better pickups etc. But this is a little less to worry about as guitars can be sold of at good prices provided you maintain them.

16. deepsal

deepsal New Member

dont try overdriving a vypyr with a ts dont...you ask why¿¿...i say dont
    save up man if you can order from bajaao
    and avoid processors

17. amithkallupalam

Ok @ Faraz, I am in a metal oriented band and I dont play much live although we have gigs in school. We are going to play a few songs by bfmv and my guitar doesnt take drop C very well.... And I really like the cort kx1q and the Ibby rgr321ex. But I guess I can wait.

18. deepsal

deepsal New Member

@faraz which marshalls are you talking about
    there are only 2 marshalls worth buying
    a-jcm 800 2204
    b-jvm410h
    mark jcm 800 off if you are into metal and jvm 410h too if you are into metalcore its more of a thrash metal amp

@ayu i disagree
    i am not bragging but i dont intend to be a professional musician not now atleast
    but i have spend money equivalent to the price of a tata nano on my gear and its still increasing i do it as a hobby
    doesnt matters yaar doesnt if he plays guitar as a hobby and can spend 30k why not??

19. deepsal

deepsal New Member

i dont know picked it on on sevenstring.ord its used to describe something that kicks arse

20. Sumanovo razor