New Guitar Exchange?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by sanjivdas, Jan 17, 2006.

1. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

very true^^^ Squiers are actually very underrated.

2. sanjivdas

sanjivdas New Member

My RG370DX finally arrived last night. Black in colour, cost me equivalent of Rs. 16000, and a Ibanez Prestige hard case that cost me Rs. 4700 approx. The customs people asked my friend how much the guitar was for. My friend just said 2900 (did not specify Rs., USD or HKD anything). The customs guy said 'OK go!'. So much for the Indian Customs and musical instruments.

I'll post some pictures soon. Haven't played it yet. Just took it out and admired the case :) The black colour is not too hot by me. Overall, with the dark fretboard and the black hardware and the fully black Infinity pickups, the whole this is almost like a few sharkteeth in the dark.

3. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

Are the polepieces black too?
    The 'sharkteeth in the dark' cracked me up btw:)

4. chintan9

:beer: 16 k for a RG370DX is a killer deal\M/

5. sanjivdas

sanjivdas New Member

Yes man, everything is black. The polepieces have centre holes, i guess you can adjust them or something.

Also, I am desperately trying to find out if my trem is Edge III or Edge Pro II or Lo TRS or what. Cos I read somewhere that the RG370DX is equipped with the Edge III, and that you don't have to cut the string ball ends for this guitar. On the other hand, my manual says you need to cut the ball ends for a Edge III, and don't need to cut for a Edge Pro II. Ibanez experts, can you help? Thoroughly confused now, I guess I have to learn a lot more about these locking trems, I haven't even changed the strings on one till now.

Also, I don't really like the Wizard, I got a big palm and feels like I got nothing to hold to. And the jumbo frets are like speedbreakers, my finger got stuck sliding down the neck. As of now, I like my squier's neck better. Still, I am sure I will get used to the Wizard, I have to ha ha.

6. chintan9

The Edge III requires the ball ends to be cut off whereas the Edge II does not.
    If your Pups are Infinity then your floating bridge is definitely Edge III , if your pups are powersound then your Bridge is Edge II.

7. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

Oops Sanjiv..I feel like its all my fault. I asked you if you had small fingers and you said yes!:) which is why I suggested the Ibanez over the LP. The jumbo frets ask for a much lighter touch and technique than normal, yes..that wierd feeling of not feeling wood under your fingers. Its like treading water or something

8. sanjivdas

sanjivdas New Member

@Chintan - The pickups have INF3 and INF4 written on them, so I guess my trem is Edge III.

@ Abhijit - Not your fault at all. I was anyway gunning for the RG321MH. I do have small fingers, and a big palm! not good for the flat and wide wizard I guess !! But i guess I will adjust. As for the jumbo frets, I have played on a friend's Fender Strat which had scalloped frets, similar feeling, so I think I should get used to that too.

I guess no one is exchanging this with an RG321MH + Cry baby, so I shall plug it in and play today. Wish me luck.

9. rust_in_pain

rust_in_pain <:Rising Rockstar:>

happy guitaring to you.....and dont worry about the bridge...you might actually start liking divebombs!

i have a LO-TRS bridge on my RG470.To replace the strings...insert them from the tuning peg end...so cutting the ball end dosnt matters.....and if it breaks from the bridge...u can loose some length from the other end and continue playing!

10. chintan9

yup your right!