New Gibson HD 6X Pro Digital Guitar

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by lord_neo, Dec 30, 2006.

1. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Gibson seems to be heading in the right direction with their new HD 6X Pro electric guitar. First off the most important aspect is that the guitar is a traditional Les Paul design so that the musician doesn%u2019t have to compromise by playing on some weird digital hybrid. The pickups on the HD 6X are a new %u2018Hex%u2019 system designed by Gibson that uses 6 small humbuckers positioned under each string at the bridge that send 6 individual signals to studio-grade preamps allowing them to be immediately digitized.

These digital signals are then sent to a BoB (break out box) via a special ethernet port designed by Gibson called %u2018MaGIC%u2019 that can carry up to 32 bi-directional channels of audio over a single cable. The BoB can then be connected to a multi-channel sound card where the guitar can be recorded with a piece of professional software such as Cakewalk SONAR which is included with the instrument.

The Gibson HD 6X is available now and retails for about $5,000.

https://www.gibson.com/DigitalGuitarNew/gibsonDigital.html

https://www.ohgizmo.com/2006/12/29/gibson-hd-6x-pro-digital-guitar/

2. shak

shak Harrr!

........ crap

3. rohit

rohit New Member

you can play it in classical mode also just like regular les paul.
    so it's not that bad. if you don't want digital mode you have an option to play in regular mode.
    but it's damn expensive and gibson guitars are very heavy.

4. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

I played a Les Paul......not that heavy>

5. rohit

rohit New Member

i never played it.but i have heard that from many people.

6. shak

shak Harrr!

digital = on or off ... only two signal states
    analogue = on and of and 'everything' in between

so with digital you loose that 'everything' in between .. its like skimmed milk .. you get the milk and you can use it like you use ordinary milk but its just not the same at all!!!

plus you pay extra ..

crap ..........