New g34r!!

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by nebuchadnezzar, Apr 20, 2006.

1. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

So, I finally got my new gear after months of agonizing wait and failed attempts.
    Around late Dec last year, I was just looking to upgrade one pickup.Over time I had a gradual buildup of GAS and finally ended buying lot of stuff, now I am completely changing out all electronics on my Tulasi PRS. So, heres the list of my indulgences :-

Pickups - Dimarzio Virtual Hot PAF for bridge and Dimarzio Bluesbucker for neck.Got them from an eBay store, for $60 each and free shipping.Had ordered both in black, but he somehow goofed up and I have ended up with the VHPAF sporting a cool nickel cover:p:(thats about $15 extra).So, I have a slight problem here and rampant GAS for another nickel cover for my Bluesbucker
    Have gotten a set of cream pickup rings as well.:cool:

Pots and cap - Two 500K volume pots and one 250K tone pots, CTS.Sprague orange drop cap 0.022uF

Rocktron Short Timer delay - Had absolutely no plans of buying this now, but just bid on a whim, which soon turned into an obsession to win...
    Ended up waking at 6:00 am on a Sat to outbid the highest bidder with 10 mins left.So, got a mint condition Short Timer for $41.Real nice pedal,and looks totally new!

2. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Hey congrats... Nebu a small suggestion. I would leave the Bluesbuker uncovered . try not to get tomuch GAS :) .

3. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

nice stuff did you get your stuff shipped to india

4. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

@GoG...No, I was pestering anyone i knew who was going to the US..thats why it didnt work out a few times before..

@Jocelyn..not really GAS..but wont it look vague, one pickup with uncovered black bobbins and the other with nickel cover?mostly will have to settle for that though, where will I get a Nickel pickup cover in India....
    EDIT..on second thoughts... screw it..its going under the soldering iron as is..:)
    It will be like a cool reverse Jimmy page LP type look..doesnt look too bad at all

5. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Yeah Nebu I know what your are saying not lokking Vogue. But I was actualy thinking of the same thing "the Jimi Page - Paul Kossoff kind of LP look, but reverse!

6. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Congrats Nebu, playing your guitar is the first thing im gonna do when i reach bangalore.

7. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

Congrats on the Gear nebu:beer: . If it was me i'd try to make my guitar look as wierd as possible by putting different colour pickups and stuff like that but its your choice. Congrats on the Rocktron too. I dont know when i'll find someone to get me anything from US though i keep dreaming of going to a store one day and seeing all those beautiful amps covering every wall of the store (Guitar Center)

8. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Thanks Sridhar and Dennis:beer:
    @Dennis..As if I'd let you touch it:aggre:
    No wierd looking guitar for me, I like the elegant classic look.

9. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

congrats man..

10. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Whoa Nebs!
    Congo ... so is GAS lying low for now? or started building upo further?

:D

11. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

WOW !!! Are you a Paul Kossoff Fan. I love Free and especially Paul Kossoff.. He had amazing feel in his playing...

12. ronnieanand

What about mine....:mad: :mad: :mad:

13. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Hehehe,I thrive for your pedals Pedal Pasha :beer: .

14. ronnieanand

I have a Tulasi guitar too with DiMarzio pickups, A Squier Strat with Lace Sensor pickups and a Parker :)

15. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

LOL, for all that I am coming.

16. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

:nw:nw:
    And I am checking out Kossoff today itself:)

17. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Kab aa raha hai?

18. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Prolly next weekend.
    Make that prolly = ~100%.

I havta collect microphone too ;)

19. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

:) :) :) :) Its Alright now.. Its alright now..... IMM FREE......
    One of my fav all time calssic rock songs. Infact I use this song as a bench mark when I think of classic rock. And I love the tone of the guitar and bass through out the song, right from the riff at the start - to the solo and end.

20. ronnieanand

Cool. I used to play that song with my previous band.... Check out the solo to Fire and Water... It needs a lot of guts to play that solo... He plays very very few notes but kills with each note....