New Firefox 1.5 beta 1 released

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by lord_neo, Sep 10, 2005.

1. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Firefox 1.5 Beta 1 has been made available for download from Mozilla's website.

It's an open beta release with no support for end users, so those unwilling to risk a crash or two should stick with the stable 1.0.6 for now, and wait for the proper 1.5 release later on this year.

Changes in Deer Park (Firefox 1.5) include a tweaked automatic update system, rearrangeable tabs, faster navigation, and a lot of 'back end' updates that make the product more usable, such as more detailed error recovery and a safe mode.

Anyone interested in taking a walk on the wild side with this interesting new download, can find it right here - remember, there is no official user support for betas!

2. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

ok ...
    i shall tak the plunge ...

3. nik_bokacheley

nik_bokacheley :help: I'm a mad :sadbye:

Nahi..not me..I love my IE 7..and OPERA..!!:p:

4. vini

vini Repeat Offender

oh i just switched to mozilla few days back...my version is 1.0.6 !! is it the latest one? :think:

but wotever its definitely one up than my IE :)

5. apurbajd

apurbajd ~#$&*$@*^$

guess i will stick to v1.0.6 ............... till its released full fledged ....

6. zoomingrocket

zoomingrocket TeChNiCaL AdMiNiStRaToR

Loaded Firefox 1.5 Beta 1...

No major changes in look and feel... Neither any special enhancements over the existing stuff...
    Looks like maximum stuff has been changed at the back-end....

Lets see.. wud browse sites from it.. to note its BUGS...
    As far as i am concerned.. the Beta 1 is quite stable enough for general use...
    No crashes for me!

REgards,
    Zooom..!!

7. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

I'm not gonna leave my IE7 now.

8. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

im happy wid my ie7 and normal firewolf/fox!

9. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

umm.. some comments above force me to try IE7.. but i will stick with firefox.... :D

and the new one looks quite stable... Thanks for the info Neo...