New Electric Guitar

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by rickkkyrich, Oct 9, 2009.

1. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

2. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

dude the number u gave me is switched off.. is there any other way to contact these ppl..

3. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

@metalmickey

dude i checked out the Cort EVL-Z4 price on onstage website. Its even higher than bajaao. Do they bargain if i go to their shop and buy?

Anyways how much did you paid for RR3? On the site it says around 35k...

4. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

hey i called up Rhythm musicals on residency road... that guy quoted 19k for EVL-Z4. He is not havin in stock but he said he'll order it and i'll get it in a week's time.. Wat shud i ideally pay for this guitar.. i wanna know how much shud i buy it for...

5. metalmickey

metalmickey New Member

make sure if the shop's got a gud reutation...nobody wants to pay for an guitar n wait for it for months!....anyway 19k seems gud but stl ask for a discount!(probaly an diwali discnt!!!!!)....anyway the onstage bangalore number is 080 22115300.....ask for mr.earonna!....tell him about me n ask for an discount.....but i guess even they are bad with stockin corts!......still try...might be worth it!.

6. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

i asked in another shop also... initially he said 20.5k but he agreed at 19k.. he said there'e a company warranty also for Cort.. that also will be included....
    he'll also take a week's time to deliver the guitar...
    is it a good deal? i mean its already less than wat i had expected it for.. but still... shud i go for it... ??? 19k is big amount for me also... thats y i'm a bit confused... i want to get the best guitar at this price..

7. metalmickey

metalmickey New Member

cort really makes awesome guitars...except for their own floatin bridge's which sux!.....anyway good choice on the cort but why dont you other stuff too before finalising?.....my suggestion strongly wud be an greg bennett avion av3 or av6...even try torinoSG!....both are great for the price...got great reviews too!.....check out your guitar options on youtube too as you might get good reviews n demo's!..........check out "schecter omen extreme" on bajaao...its an awesome guitar at great price!.........

8. metalmickey

metalmickey New Member

9. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

will the EMGs make Cort any better than others that u had specify ? like GB and schecter..

10. metalmickey

metalmickey New Member

i dont think the passive emg's will make any BIG difference!.......if you are ever gonna sell your guitar for a new one in the future! ull have a tough time sellin cort unlike ibanez,esp,etc!!!!!!!!!!!!otherwise pick up an used ibanez from arnd here for 10.12k n swap the pups to active emg's(12k for 81,85 combo!)....that'll make em really great soundin!........but 1st thing is have you ever heard active EMG's?...each pups got their tone...eg-my seymour duncan's sounds really great for trash,metal,etc...but lacks in the low end response....which at times i miss....my suggestion is dont be like me!...i was just like you 3months back with 40k in my hand askin everyone here which one's best n which one sux(now i feel funny about it!).....but at the end of it i really realised each own has a unique flava...sum mite like emg's n sum hate em too!...same for the duncans...

11. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Point taken...hey buddy are you from bangalore?

12. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Hey if i get an Ibanez directly from Indonesia will it be cheaper??? Actually one of my friend can get it for me in january... But i'm not able to get the shops and prices in Indonesia..

13. metalmickey

metalmickey New Member

i am frm chennai....yeah brngn frm indnasia mite b a gud option....but still lemme tell yo nothin beats the satisfaction of goin to a shop,tryin out things n then buyin it!....go to furtados n chk out everythin in their demo room!...its nt a must that you must buy there!......best option is if you can ask sum1 to get frm the united ****in states of A(ss)merica...its frkn cheap there!...plus loadsa option......try the ebay global buy...quite safe n loadsa options there.....just now got an V frm dean on ebay!........

14. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

ya man thats true.. we shud get the feel of wat we r buying.. one guy is selling Ibanez 370DX for 22k.. its 4 months old...looks decent enuf...but he's from mumbai.. difficult..

15. metalmickey

metalmickey New Member

yup....why dont you start with sumthin cheap.cos i prsnlly feel at the end of it.its mostly the pups,amps,strings that makes up a great tone!.even if you get an gibson n fix em to an stranger 15w they will suck!....so best things is spend more on the amp n proc instead of the guitar!..........actually suddenly even i thought ill push my 1 mnth old jackson off!...but still confused!.....

16. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

true to an extent.. but i guess Roland 15X is a good option as long as u're using it for learning..
    Shud i need to buy a proc also??? If yes Which one will be suitable.. there're lotsa available and i'm clueless for each of them.. Actually i'll buy that later only but jus for the info i asked..

And i guess U really spent a lot on guitar.. 35k(assumed) is a lot of money...

17. metalmickey

metalmickey New Member

yup i spent quite a lot for my rr3 but it was worth it n besides i wanted my first electric guitar to be great!!!!!!!.....anyway go for zoom g2.1....zoom proc are good compared to the digitech(persnl pref)......yup roland 15x is good for learning....actually you can play live with it too...its loud enuf!....there's a good 25w amp from peavy for 7k chk the too....sounded good...no clue about the model number though!...if you want an practice amp ill always suggest a roland micro cube...its THE BEST amp for practice.

18. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

dude how much did you bought Roland Cube for ??? Marshall 15CD here is costing around 4900... i asked Aruna musicals .. but they dont have roland...

19. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Here i asked at SoundGlitz Musicals.. they said 5500 with discount.. i mean thats the final price they quoted... in case u got it for less then i may ask one of my friend to get it for me from chennai.. i mean after tryin it out here in some shop..

20. metalmickey

metalmickey New Member

roland 15 cost frm arnd 5500-5800....low end marshal's suck big time.....