New Budget Electric Required

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by sendhilrajan, May 14, 2006.

1. sendhilrajan

sendhilrajan New Member

Hey guys, i need to buy a reaaaaaly cheap electric, somethin like 4-5k, which shd hve tone more than anything. looks i dont care much about. Can i get one from tulsi or any other custom shop?
    It shd not have a floyd rose cos 1)i already have a yamaha with one and 2)im gonna frequently detune it.
    btw im frm bangalore

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Tulsi is out of question.
    His cheapest would come to Rs8000.

3. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Increase your budget some more and go for a Tulsi...

4. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

buy an aria stg-03.....rs6500

5. sendhilrajan

sendhilrajan New Member

if i increase my budget, will a 8k tulsi be worth it?
    what pickups will he use?

btw ronnie, saw u playin at ksit . Awesome tone and guitaring man how much did u get that guitar for?

6. ronnieanand

@Sendhil....Thanks dude....How did you recognize me...'cos nobody calls me Ronnie there... Which band did you play for....

Anyway I got my guitar for Rs.8700. It's a Tulasi made one. I changed the pickups to DiMarzio PAF Pro on the neck and DiMarzio Norton on the Bridge..Plus also changed the Pots to CTS Pots...Of late there are more mods on my guitar with a mini toggle switch for Coil Tap and another mini toggle switch for Pickup On-Off....Totally the guitar would have cost me about Rs.17000 for so..But the basic guitar with the stock pickups should be available for about Rs.9000. If you want a strat model, it should be cheaper than that...

7. skorpion

skorpion b@cKbEncHeR

J&D would cost u very less ... around 5 k i would presume .... there is a place called world of music ..... right beside empire hotel .on the entry point of residency road ....... there are 2 shops opp to each other .... they share huge rivalry ... hence get the price from one & go to the other they'll surely reduce their prices

also u can get a SAMICK LS if u can pay 8k ... not bad for the deal

8. ronnieanand

Tulsi Guitar would own all these any day.....

9. skorpion

skorpion b@cKbEncHeR

thts for sure ronnie but sendhilrajan was asking for a guitar worth 5k ...... neway can u tell me how to go about tulsi .. is there a website ?

10. rahulp

rahulp **Fallen Angel**

Dude, sorry to say this but...for 5K no one gets a guitar with Floyd Rose!!! Save some more cash or let go of the floyd rose fancy!!

11. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

^ You are right you wont get a guitar with a floyd for 5K. BUT He aint looking for a guitar with a floyd. Infact he said he does not want floyd as he wants to detune it frequently.

12. ronnieanand

Dude, you know Tulsi better than all of us Mr.J .......

13. rahulp

rahulp **Fallen Angel**

Oops!!! Galti se mistake ho gaya!!! :shock:

14. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Ary chalte hai yar.. It keeps happening even with me..

15. Guitar boy

Guitar boy New Member

hey i know you are calling him jayanth ;)

but I seriously want to know how to go to tulsi pls.
    and iraqita says aria stg-03 is present for 6.5 bucks.
    In bangalore/Chennai, which are all the shops i can see/play that guitar?

https://www.ariausa.com/series/stg003/stg003.html << Is this the same guitar what iraquita is talking or an indian replica of it?

thanks!

16. ronnieanand

To my knowledge, Aria guitars are not available in Bangalore....

If you are serious about Tulsi guitar, PM me...

17. sendhilrajan

sendhilrajan New Member

ok guys thanx a lot, ill try to save up some more money for a tulsi.
    im also tryin to get my friends guitar for cheap. its a custom make from kerala and he says it has GIBSON pickups. it sounds AMAZING to say the least and has a superfast fretboard. but has some wiring problem, he says.

18. skorpion

skorpion b@cKbEncHeR

didnt quite get that :shock:

19. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

He means jayant by saying Mr J... :) .