New American Idol

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by beginner_lavina, Jun 1, 2006.

1. NEW YORK - Taylor Hicks has taken step two on his "American Idol"-fueled career, signing the record contract that comes with winning the hit show.

The gray-haired crooner inked a pact with music mogul Clive Davis in conjunction with 19 Recordings Unlimited, the label managed by "AI" creator Simon Fuller, it was announced Wednesday.

The 29-year-old Alabama native's recording of two songs — "Do I Make You Proud," which he performed in the show's finale, and a soulful cover of the Doobie Brothers classic "Takin' It to the Streets" — will be released in stores and through digital outlets on June 13.

With Davis' guidance, Hicks is expected to release a full-length album later this year.

In a recent interview with The Associated Press, Davis, who has molded the careers of previous "Idol" winners, said he thinks Hicks has charisma and a unique singing style that will help him establish his pop audience.

"He definitely has his own sound," Davis told the AP. "He does have that gift, you know who it is when you hear him."

Source

:shock: This guy looks in his late 50s :think: how is he the american idol? :mad: Haven't heard him sing, so i won't comment on it :cool:

2. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

^Which is kind of stupid cause American Idol is about singing. Why do you care how he looks?

3. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

William Hung is god.

4. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

i thought lavina had quit IGT:think:

5. so are you saying looks dont matter?

6. d_ist_urb_ed

^For the more intellectually mature among us, no. But you, being a wholly different case, are excused.

7. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Actually I find it hard to believe that American Idol is an old looking graying chap.
    Not that I have any objections, but I find it really difficult to believe, since USofA appears to be one of those societies where appearances matter foremost.

8. d_ist_urb_ed

^Believe it or not, i speak in support of the show. They actually promote talent. They'd just as well have an old hill-billy from texas win than a Hollywood glam model. They only care about who can sing well.

9. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

^^simon only cares bout singin well

10. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

I find some participants more talented than apna Abhjit Savant and the latest Indian Idol....wht the hell is his name?

11. stalker

stalker Banned

He doesn't look 50. He sings better than you (and the rest of the other idiots on American Idol).

wizard: Karunya won didn't he?

12. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Hm... I'll rephrase that to accomodate myself :grin:

For humans, no. But for consumers, yes.

:grin:

13. shsnawada

Isnt moron a masculine word?

14. d_ist_urb_ed

m.or.on :A person of mild mental retardation having a mental age of from 7 to 12 years and generally having communication and social skills enabling some degree of academic or vocational education. The term belongs to a classification system no longer in use and is now considered offensive.

Goes both ways, and she qualifies.

15. shsnawada

^ Pardon my english. :eek::

16. d_ist_urb_ed

^Haha, glad to clear that up.

17. guitarangela

guitarangela gran'ma

lavina, that was sooo mean of you to say that....gurrl, looks DON'T matter!!!
    you just need to grow up.....and you dont have the right to judge if somebody is ugly or not..talk about yourself only....
    and its people who think that looks matter over talent are the ones who destroy good talent.......american idol is about singing..not about how cute the singer is! we have other contests for that.....you should go and try those out, lil missy...

18. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

I listen to Tracy Chapman and she pwns.

she also looks like a he.

@stalker...Karunya lost re....some Sandeep dude won.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_idol

19. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

i luved Rockstar:INXS....now i cant wait for Rockstar:SuperNova to start over here in india

20. stalker

stalker Banned

Good god no! What shall I ever do? Maybe I should kill myself for even thinking that .