new acoustic guitar ! help !!

Discussion in 'Hindi Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by kunalvt, Feb 17, 2011.

1. kunalvt

kunalvt New Member

hey all !! i need some help on buying a new acoustic guitar . my budget range is 10-12k. any help on some good sounding acoustics might be really helpful and much appreciated. also i need some reviews on cort guitars . if they are any good ??
    p.s- i am looking for a dreadnought with cutaway .
    and since i plan to buy it from kolkata.. kindly help me out with stores that might offer the models u are suggesting ! thnx !!

2. kenny92

kenny92 New Member

That's a good budget for an acoustic. I would definitely recommend these -
    1. Fender CD60 - Rs 7700(At Bajaao.Com)
    Dreadnought Shape. 20 frets. I think its a spruce top, not sure really.
    2. Fender CD60CE - Rs 11500(At Bajaao.Com)
    Same thing but electro acoustic with fender pickups and 3-band EQ.
    I don't live in Kolkata so can't say anything about the shops but do check them out.

3. kunalvt

kunalvt New Member

thnx kenny .. ya th fender is in my radar , but again .. im looking for a dreadnought with a cutaway .. thing is i dont have any typical genre preference when it comes to playing .. thus in case of songs which involve using frets beyond 15 it wud b easier to play with a cutaway..
    but if i dont find any satisfactory solution i wud definitely consider this .. along with some yamahas ofcrse !
    any other suggestions ?? does ibanez make eargasmic and affordable acoustic guitars ??!! also also .. can anybody please tell me something on the takamine models .. ive heard they make great guitars !

4. kenny92

kenny92 New Member

Well...the Fender CD60SCE (the electro acoustic version) is a cutaway..!!
    And you dont need to worry about the genre of music with acoustic...frankly speaking...an acoustic is the most versatile type of guitar...!!
    Don't know about Takamine or Ibanez but i heard that the Matin series of guitars is very good...check em out...maybe Bajaao has them on sale...!!

5. kunalvt

kunalvt New Member

oh wow !! i must hav checked sumthing els.. yep luks good .. will check out in a couple of days wen i leave for cal .. and the martin ur talking abt is way out of my budget .. martins and taylors maybe when i get atleast 10 times better than now ;) thnx mate !

6. kenny92

kenny92 New Member

no problem..!!...enjoy..!!

7. rwaghmare

rwaghmare New Member

Hello i m rahoul from pune a small time classical guitar builder.
    pls tell me the specifications of the guitar .
    i can make a custom made guitar u want.
    is the guitar ur planning to buy made of solid wood???
    i make guitar of solid rosewood back and side and imported spruce
    instead of buying cheap imported guitars why dont u go for desi guitar
    if ur interested pls mail me
    aqualibguitars@yahoo.com

8. kunalvt

kunalvt New Member

hey rahul .. i surel wudnt mind a gud home made guitar .. the major specifications i need shall be -
    dreadnought cutaway body
    round hole ..
    solid top (spruce/cedar)
    rosewood bridge and fretboard
    preamp
    mahogany neck ...

but travelling to pune might be an ask .. is it possible for u to put up pics of products that u hav made.. or link to a video demonstrating the product .. sound etc. coz unless i dont see it i cant even think of buying .. besides the feel is an important factor !

9. kenny92

kenny92 New Member

Wow..!!
    Nothing better than a custom made classical guitar. Do you make electrics as well?

10. rwaghmare

rwaghmare New Member

Thanks kunal for ur interest.
    but i can make a dreadnought but without cutaway because bending that too sharp is
    not possible by hand. it requires machines.
    as far as my guitars i have uploaded the pics of my classical guitar.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFe-JWtlkIs.
    pls visit the link for the sound. sorry for poor quality camera.
    i do have an imported engleman spruce .
    pls let me know that would u be interested in without cut away.
    i will deliver the guitar at ur place.
    where are u located.
    waiting for ur reply....

11. kunalvt

kunalvt New Member

hey man ! just saw ur stuff.. pretty commendable .. but i guess i'll have to pass bro .. coz im seriously interested in only a cutaway .. srry .. and thnx a ton for ur help man .
    m off for calcutta 2moro .. hopefully id be able to make a good purchase !! ciao.

12. rwaghmare

rwaghmare New Member

thanks for ur reply.
    no problem if u dont buy from me.
    best of luck for ur guitar and if possible mail me the pics.
    also pls give my reference to ur friends who needs handmade guitars.
    i can also make a guitar kit if needed.
    ciao