Neutrik RJ45 connectors

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by abhijitnath, Jan 17, 2007.

1. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

Help someone please...especially the many IT type people on theboard. My Variax uses a Lan cable to connect to the POD I have...except I dont actually have the cable. They recommend a cable with locking Neutrk connectors (have alook...scroll down the page to see it clarkwire.com/catNeutrikRJ45.htm). The original Line 6 cable is being sold by Bhargavas for Rs. 1960!!!!! which is clearly far too much. Does anyone know where I can buy the Neutrik ends so I can connect it to a normal LAN cable and save lots of money? Thanks.

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Hmmm,
    As far as I cna make out - the cable is LAN cable.
    and the jack/socket is normal LAN cable jack/socket.

Neutrik must be teh trade name for the jack/socket.

The jack/socket ends are available at most of teh computer hardware / electronic / phone stores.
    I have no idea about their loactions in Bombay. I guess they are avaialble for few hundred Rs.

The Lan cable itslef is available for few hundred Rs per 10m or so.

The crimping pliers are also required - otherwise you wont be able to connect the LAN cable to it :).

3. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

The end is a lan end, but it has an outer jack that locks into place (like the jacks on mikes) so that the connector doesn't yank out when you play live. That is not available anywhere at all..including Lamington Road. Neutrik is a co. that makes connectors.

4. 6six6

6six6 New Member

cable

only use the cable that the company says, didnt you get a cable with your guitar, or you pod

only use original cable, if your pod or guitar goes bad, with the wrong cable, because u want to save some money, you may void your warrenty.

happy playing
    6six6

5. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ :RollLol:

Wait Hahahahahhahaaa
    :RollLol:

Guitar/POD goes bad BECAUSE of wrong cables?

:RollLol:

Dude, he is not gonna plug his 220V power cable into teh guitar or POD.

6. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

@Abhijitnath.......That's a regular LAN Cable......Even a regular LAN cable has a lock......It's surely wont slip.....Look at it as your guitar cable.......No locks but it wont slip if you know how to use them......The only issue with LAN cable is that they are very poorly flexible......That could be an annoying thing....Dont bother about that Neutrik socket......Just go a any LAN cable that fits your gadgets......More than anything I'd insist, look for good flexibility of the cable......Even if you get them separately, crimping can be done at any Computer Hardware store for some 10 bucks or even for free...