NerVOusNess......

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by prog_man_0101, Jan 18, 2006.

1. prog_man_0101

prog_man_0101 Dain Bramaged

Sufferin from a serious prob guys......

THough I can play my Guitar well n also sing 2 some extent......as soon as I try 2 play in public I get freakin nervous......
    My hands begin 2 shake in fear n I forget the chords or the lyrics.......... :eek::

Think I am sufferin from crowd-phobia or somethin.....And I have got two shows 2 perform at (one of them being SOLO....... :shock: )....

ANy tips that would help me get rid of this prob r welcomed....... :help:

Help me Guys.......I'm DESPERATE........ :nw: :nw:

2. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

Juz put on an attitude dat .. Ur playin a guitar N YEAH people are gonna like it .. even if u play juz two chords .. :) .. ur da best amongts everyone in public n make a belief dat watever u play .. is gonna be liked ..

I hope dat helps :eek::

3. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

happens with everyone in the beginning

start with performing for a small crowd...ur family members, friends, building people etc....once u can play stuff smoothly..and have enuf confidence go for a larger audience

thats how u'll learn

4. crimson_remains

crimson_remains New Member

practice makes perfect bro like every 1 else ure bound ta have 2 or 3 songs that ure most comfortable with keep practicin them and once u've played them infront of a crowd things get much easier after that
    plus i completely agree with notty lad attitude is a must

peace

5. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

If there's a real good short cut to get rid of that crowdophobia, please let me know :nw: . All my life I have shun away from crowd and now it's tough facing it.

6. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Make stupid faces and sneer.

Remember:
    If you cant make it,
    FAKE it.

7. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

ala...Jimi Hendrix

LMAO

:RollLol:

reminds me of a chapter frm the book Losing my Virginity--Richard Branson

8. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

start playing at some park n some places where there r some people u dont know ie to lessen the fear

the fear is nothing to worry abt i think,.,...

9. ronnieanand

Man. I cannot stand in a park with my guitar and start singing. I dont want to start getting coins. That will be even more frustrating than the crowdophobia.

10. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

^^^:RollLol: .. man ur fear reflects in da above post :RollLol:

11. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

no wonder u got that electric shock on stage :p:

12. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

do u really care about the crowd...whenever i play for someone i really dont car ewhether they like what im playing...i just do my normal stuff.

13. crimson_remains

crimson_remains New Member

dude are u seriously telling me that ppl actually give money to guys who play guitar at parks ,where u live
    can i plz have ure address i could use some cash
    iam willing to split it with ya 90/10
    90 for me 10 for u
    lol

14. ronnieanand

No dude. That was after we played. I was removing my equipments and when I tried unplugging my adaptor I got zzzzkkkk.

15. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

enjoy what ur playing..only then u give the crowd a chance to like ur performance..
    once the crowd starts likin it..the fear,nervousness and what not will all go away..
    and u will be full of adrenaline..before u know it..u will be hopping on one leg and make funny faces at the crowd..

16. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

jared gets an erection while playing live( thats what tripti told me)

17. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

^^^LMAO .. but hey .. atleast dat shows wat tripti observes in live shows .. rather than guitars :p:

18. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

aaaaaaah i think you have cancer:shock:

19. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

hehe i think its a very common thing for anyone.i couldn't play my guitar even in front of my guitar teacher.keep practicing to come over it.and don't think of ur previous failures dat'll crank up ur nerves all the more.just relax.

20. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

anyways whoz jared?