Neele-2 Ambar Pe - with solos and interludes (My video)

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by king_nothing, Mar 6, 2008.

1. king_nothing

king_nothing New Member

Hi there,

This is my recording of the legendary song. I've tried to match up the tempo of the original song but at some places its just too fast for my fingers .. :dance:

I picked the chords and solo parts from this site only ..so you'll get it too very easily if the search terms are correct enough ... please do leave a comment if you like my version .. :)
    rock on !
    :band:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPJjWHUZQvY

2. Crazy_Engineer

Crazy_Engineer New Member

KN, I checked out your video. No doubt you've done a good job. I hope you won't mind few tips :)

1. Instead of 'overlapping' your recording over the original one, try playing the original song through the headphones while recording. That way, you'll be able to match the tempo of the original song.

2. I see that you've missed out on important notes couple of times. If you take care of that, the recording will be a lot better!

3. Umm (in my humble opinion), this song sounds better when played on an acoustic guitar than on electric one.

4. To get the 'speed', you might want to improve the way you hold the arm. Try pushing your wrist below the fretboard. That makes it easier to reach all the notes easier and faster.

Overall, good work and happy guitaring! :)

3. king_nothing

king_nothing New Member

Thanks for your valuable tips crazy engineer,
    as for (1) i tried doing the solo playing while listening to the song thru headphones but that sounds pretty hollow unless there are two guitars playing (one rythm and another lead) ... thats the reason I went for overlapping ...
    and you're right I missed some notes here and there and I'm working on that ... I will try to record the improved version with acoustic patch as I don't have an acoustic guitar .. :-(

thanks for your valuable opinions again
    rock on !!

4. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

Man, i watched your video a few times and every time i really enjoyed the way you play this song, just as i said in my previous reply, except some tiny notes faults, this is played very, very well. I think you are a very good guitar player, my compliments King_nothing( should be, King of the guitar!!!)
    Saw your other videos aswell and they are played very well too, not the singers, they have to improve their vocals, for sure the female singer of Chura Liya Hai Tumne, her Sur is very bad!
    Overall very good man, just keep up this good work and keep posting!
    Take care man!!!

5. king_nothing

king_nothing New Member

Thanks a ton for taking time to watch my videos Keoraf !

For your comment on the lady singer ... dude that lady singer is my wife ...and she will kill me if she gets to see your comments ... :)
    but you're right ... we both are on different notes in "Chura liya hai tumne.." song ...

By the way I did check out your recording of NEM ... very well covered on Keyboard .. I never really thought that somebody can really cover that song on keyboard ... a real good job in that department ...

I am working on "Summer of '69" by Bryan Adams and will soon post the video ...

thanks again for the encouragements ...

rock on
    :rock: :rock: :rock:

6. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

Thanks man for taking time to listening my songs!
    About your wife, i'm sorry man, please don't tell her about what i said:oops:
    About this song, maybe someday i'm going to cover this song and if you are in, you could play the guitar solos for me, another IGT-ian asked me for the keyboard leads aswell, but i'm not sure when this is going to happen cause lately i don't have much time. But if you are in just let me know, then if i've finished the keyboard parts, i'll send it to as you could record your guitar parts!!!!
    Take care man!

7. Crazy_Engineer

Crazy_Engineer New Member

Umm, may I drop in too :) . If you please, I can do the vocals and help with the Guitar leads as well. I've recorded Neele Neele Ambar par Guitar interludes ( check it here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9YUc6-ND1s )

8. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

Ofcourse you can drop in man, i was going to ask you to sing this song, i've heard your version already and it was very good.
    But once again, i don't know when i'm going to make this cover because of lack of time, but one thing is sure, this is going to happen!!!
    Take care man!