Need urgent opinion on guitar before buying

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by ultrabot90, Nov 24, 2007.

1. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

I wanted to buy a guitar with
    1. Dual humbucking pickups
    2. 22 or preferably 24 frets (I *HATE* my 17 fret accoustic T_T)
    3. A stable tremolo bar system, possibly a double locking Floyd Rose
    I initially planned on an Ibanez G series (GRG, GRX, GSA) guitar, but the shop doesn't have it, and they just have a BC Rich ASM C matching my specifications. I've heard from friends that BC Rich guitars are good only for metal, have crappy build quality, are prone to damage etc etc etc. This guitar will be a big investment from me, is my first electric guitar, and I want it to last long...
    What do you think of this guitar? Is it good? I scored the net for a review, but there wasn't any. -_- Please reply ASAP.
    Edit -
    Few more points -
    1. I've just learnt the basics (upto scales, artificial and natural harmonics) on an accoustic, hence I dont have much of a playing 'style'...
    2. ...But I like to listen to and play Pantera, Green Day, Bullet For My Valentine, Black Sabbath, Van Halen, Guns N Roses, Iron Maiden, Nickelback, 3 Doors Down, and System Of A Down.
    3. My other equips are - Digitech RP300A effects processor, Marshall MG10CD (Piece o crap)
    Another option which I have are the two guitars Yamaha Pacifica 012 and Yamaha Pacifica 112...What say?
    -regards,
    ultrabot90

2. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

Price Range?

I would suggest a Squier California Fat strat. One bridge humbucker, but awesome guitar.

3. ultrabot90

15k or below. I just needed to know how the BC Rich ASM C and the Yamaha Pacifica 012/112 are...in case anyone (or anyone's friend etc) has one or knows how they are? o_O

4. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

Take the Pacifica 112

5. ultrabot90

Hey thanks @_@ Any particular reason for the answer? Is it the good of the Yamaha, or the bad of the BC Rich? o_O

6. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

noo man i suggest you to go in fr a custom guitar........go for a tulsi they are awesome

7. ultrabot90

Eh?! O_O
    Where/how do I get one of those? o.o
    And how am I assured of its quality and cost-effectiveness? -_-

8. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

With all fairness, I suggest not.

9. ultrabot90

I agree too...too much of a risk, and hey, its my first electric (and besides, there's a gig on 27th - not enough time to get a guitar made -_-)
    Pacifica 112 has just 21 frets, I just checked it out...
    And 012, while having 22 frets, doesn't have a double locking tremolo...which is *so* required...And I still can't find a review of the Assassin/ASM C, not on Ultimate Guitar, not on bajaao.com, not on musiciansfriend.com, not even on the BC Rich site (which is mad, really)...searched the entire net.
    EDIT - Two guitars which *looked* like the one I saw in the shop and with similar features -
    https://www.bcrich.com/assassin_px3t.html
    https://www.bcrich.com/outlaw_pxt3.html
    I think the one I saw was Outlaw PXT3...the pickups on the Assassin PX3T are different...Dunno why, but when I asked the person at the shop he said the BC Rich ASM C was in stock...

10. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

For under 15 K i dont think you can get a reliable floyd bridge(believe me it will be a pain), you can go for the yamaha or the squier..
    If you want a good floyd bridge you haver to increase your budget to atleast 19K, cause there is Kramer striker guitar for that price.

Ive heard that its the best guitar at that price range with floyd bridge. Ive played it and sounds great and looks extremely solid.

11. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

hmmm in case you don wanna go fr a custom(tulsi makes awesome customs)anyways u go in fr the squier...they are the best.....under wat u want...pacifica=crap

12. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

and well i saw some rat guitar on bajaao...excellent features.....check out..dunno how it sounds

13. ultrabot90

Yeah, I saw RAT as well...but didn't know the credibility of the company...-_-
    I checked that one out, Ambush, I'd have certainly got it if I had the money...but the news now is...
    My sir gave me his guitar to play for 27th, its a dual humbucker, Tune-O-Matic bridge, 22 frets, made in Indian...TANSEN. It owns, but I dunno the model name or anything. Will buy new guitar next year (thats after 12th), or possibly sooner with a reloaded budget of upto 25k (for my professional aspirations :D). And also, I checked out a pretty neat guitar...
    https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/electric_guitars/esp/ltd_m-100_fm/index.html / https://www.bajaao.com/esp-ltd-m100fm-flame-maple-top-electric-guitar-p-4365.html
    Neat eh. ;)
    Thanks for all your help, fellaz.
    Btw, does anyone know the URL of the Tansen site? Or any place I can get em? o_O

14. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

tansens closed down and well better fr 25k u can go fr jacksons n stuff........

15. ultrabot90

WHA WTF!?!?! Tansen closed?! No! T_T
    And I can buy after 12th gets over...dang it.
    Anyways, thanks for your help...

16. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

yeah sure and for 25k u ve got an open world

17. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

hmm found out rat is an indian company...so guys a new company in pple there shud check out