Need urgent help on electric guitar models

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by paragajg, Aug 4, 2010.

1. paragajg

paragajg New Member

Hello All

I'm planing to buy an electric guitar and need some serious feedback on following models -

1) ESP LTD EC 400 / pick ups - SD JB59 set
    2) Greg Bennett AV6 (but will replace stock pick ups with EMG 85/81 pickups)
    3) Cort X-TH (Neck-thru with EMG 85/81 as stock pick ups).
    4) Any other guitar you guys would like to suggest.

My budget - Rs. 35,000 - 40,000. Playing style - classic rock / metal. I do not need a beginner's guitar so I'm ok to stretch my budget to Rs. 44,000 as well.

Recently I have tried Cort X-TH in London and still could not believe that such a loaded guitar is quite cheap in India(Rs. 31,000) which cost around 670GBP here. I did fell in love with Shecter Hellraiser which is affordable in London but costs whooping Rs.65000 in India so that's out of question. Now I'm damn confused so kindly help.

Thanks.

2. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Dude frankly speaking people here don't play guitars which costs 35-40 grand so no one can give worthwhile reviews.. You better check the reviews of all the guitars you have mentioned on the internet..
    i like ESP Eclipse very much...but that's not an advice for sure ..

3. bcrich

bcrich New Member

purchase the ec-401. the demonstealer owns it.

4. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

wrong ... its an EX series guitar.. not EC

5. paragajg

paragajg New Member

Thanks guys for the replies. EC 401 is a good guitar with EMG 60/81 pickups but unfortunately that stretches my budget too much since I do need to buy a good processor. What do you guys think of AV6 and Cort X-th.

6. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

The ESP LTD EC-401 costs some 450 (INR 34000) GBP in UK.. in India it is around 45000 ..

7. paragajg

paragajg New Member

I agree the guitars in London are much cheaper but the problem is that of F@@king customs. Researched a lot on getting guitars in India without paying much customs but it is of no use..I'm still smitten by Shecter Hellraiser but can't bring it to India because of custom duties. Damn it !

8. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

How many guitars do you have dude? Carrying one guitar should not be a problem at all...

9. paragajg

paragajg New Member

I owned ESP LTD KH202 but sold it some 3 years back when stopped playing in bands. Now me & my mates might get back so looking for a good guitar as well as processor.

10. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

i still dint understand why will you be charged of duties? carrying one guitar is allowed..

11. paragajg

paragajg New Member

Let me check it out again. Hope what you are saying is true....Thanks Mate...

12. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

but you have to prove it that its for your personal use only... make sure it doesn't looks brand new.. remove all plastics before bringing..

13. insatanity

insatanity New Member

Check some Jackson models; like the DK2M Dinky

14. badznick

badznick New Member

if u want to play clasic rock,i encourage u to buy Fender,Ebanez or Lespol special2......
    if u want to buy a good guitar dont care about the cost if u realy want,take your time and make some money to buy a good but expensive guitar.....
    this is my advice only if wrong forgive me!!!!!!
    all the best.....
    ~~~love guitar~~~

15. bcrich

bcrich New Member

wrong. in my knowledge, he currently owns three, all esp ltd's: ec-401, ax-400, ex-cz(clockwork zombie)
    visit his fb profile to see his rig: kickass!

16. nandac

nandac New Member

i have gibson les paul jr special plus for sale for rs 45,000. it is a 2004 model, but almost 9/10 condition. beautiful flame maple flat top, tummy contour like a strat (very rare in les pauls). i am in bangalore.

17. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

oh my .. bangalore is the place to be.. are you coming for the 8th gig?

18. nandac

nandac New Member

what gig on the 8th?

19. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

20. nandac

nandac New Member

that's cool - dio was definitely a prominent vocalist of 70s/80s metal.

hope they play his stuff from black sabbath and rainbow as well.