Need urgent help buying best electric guitar , amp. , processor.

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by abhinav_012, Feb 6, 2011.

1. abhinav_012

abhinav_012 New Member

HELLO everyone i m new to this community so need urgent help of all. Plzzzzzzzzz suggest an electric guitar , effect processor and an amplifier. I have a budget of RS. 70000 and have not yet decided any particular brand in all three. I have three questions.

1. A good electric guitar well i have only browsed a few models of epiphone , ibanez and esp .
    basically i like to play death metal and heavy metal and some indie rock so i need a pure metal sound guitar . I mean to say a guitar that has a meatier and clear deep metal sound and has a clear high nodes for leading purpose .

2. A good effect processor that have many effects and comes with looping and many other new features i have browsed line 6 pod hd 500 , and xt live , digitech gnx 4 , boss gt 10.

3.A good amplifier usually that can be used for practice sessions and can be used for small shows. I have browsed marshall , line 6 , stranger , hartke.

plzzzzzzzzzz dont consider these all brands as final brands but u are all grandmasters and have a very good technical information about all these so u plzzzzz give ur suggestions on all three of them .

It would be appriciated if u could plzzzzzzzzz qoute the price too.

PLZZZZZZZ suggest the best value for money products guys.

sorry guys if i had made any mistake in the above description need ur help fast since i don't have much time plzzzzzzzzzz help guys....

2. Dominiccor

Dominiccor New Member

Lol lol lol

3. theghost

theghost New Member

does u hav aids?

4. abhinav_012

abhinav_012 New Member

why are u a doctor?
    u must be suffering from cancer man..........

and u mr lol lol lol are u suffering from the same

5. flood

flood New Member

https://antzinpantz.com/kns/images/JUN10/VUVUZELA SOLUTION.jpg

6. guitardoctor

guitardoctor Will Rx for food

7. Torvoraptor

Torvoraptor New Member

Uh dude, what do you play currently? What kind of music, what kind of influences do you have, what kind of effects do you like to use etc?

You have a shit ton of money to spend but not much knowledge, it's very mysterious.

8. guitardoctor

^Yo, enjoying your guitar?

9. Torvoraptor

Torvoraptor New Member

Very. Very much. Most of my friends ended up spending much more for far less.

Most people think the guitar is brand new, I've had several much more experienced guitarists come into my room and inquire about the guitar and the tone (I'm running it through a roland microcube), and every time I played it at a guitar store someone asked me where I got it and how much it cost :D

I started improving much faster after switching from acoustic, although I sort of miss having an acoustic lying around these days.

How about you? Did you get the replacement you were looking for?

10. guitardoctor

Well, I joined a tough post graduation programme so my guitar playing is on indefinite hiatus... The little free time I have is spent on books. The irony is that I now have megabucks saved up for my guitar: over 45k at this point... And with every passing month my savings will increase further. But no time to buy or use any gear so the cash is just lying in the bank...
    Enjoy your free days, brother. Like I said, second year college is the best time for hobbies.

@flood: Seems I can finally afford a Fender mex strat...

11. Torvoraptor

Torvoraptor New Member

---deleted----

12. Torvoraptor

Torvoraptor New Member

pretty awesome, but don't end up playing a Fender Strat through that roland amp :p, get some kick ass amp.

Have you looked at the new Fender Blacktop models? Very sweet axes, like the next generation of MIM... and only for ~20k rupees in the USA.

13. abhinav_012

abhinav_012 New Member

hey torvo bro i don't have much knowladge about guitar but it seems that u are very good at guitars and amps so can u suggest some to help

14. guitardoctor

Amp was planned soon after the guitar... But for now it's back to work.

15. flood

flood New Member

nice. go for it, MIM strats are great guitars at a decent price. obviously a lot cheaper in the states than here, but what's one to do...

and yes, you will need to look out for a good amp.

torvoraptor, what guitar do you play?

16. Torvoraptor

Torvoraptor New Member

I'm playing guitardoctor's old GBennett AV1 and comparing it as such to low end corts/squiers/pacificas/GIOs/(or in 1 friend's case)HMIs.

It may not be great for a pro, but for a beginner it's excellent, and I got lucky to get it secondhand, and it was awesomely set up already with the pick-ups adjusted etc.

@Abhinav, dude I'm just a newb, I've been playing less than 6 months. I don't know much beyond what info I picked up while I was researching my own purchases, which had a much more restricted budget. But if you give some more details about your preferences, what styles you play, what kind of guitarists you want to emulate, how long you've been playing etc, I could probably point you in the right direction.

17. SoulAsylum

SoulAsylum New Member

Hi Abhinav,

I specially registered to this Forum, just to reply you.

I recommend you to go for Ibanez series of Guitar. You can go for RG prestige, like 1550, or RG 1570. But I do not know the price over there in india.

The very reason is, Ibanez is very versatile guitar and its stock pickups are also good enough.

Now regarding Multi Processor, DO NOT BUY BOSS GT 10.

I highly suggest you getting Digitech RP500. Its a kick ass effect with awesome built quality, oh yeah CHEAPER, and much much better than BOSS or Line 6.

The best part of RP500 is awesome ablity for amp modelling which is near to exact, and which BOSS COSM cant make.

If you get RP500, you can plug it into STRANGER and get everysound all the famous AMPS and CABS.

You can go blindly for RP500 and you wont regret. for more you can compare it with POD Line 6 or BOSS GT 10 over different sites and user review. Digitech RP500 is a STEAL. Its the best processor for its price with awesome sound and tone.

But the only thing RP500 lacks is Looper. For that you can take rp1000 which is bit expensive but still cheaper than GT 10.

NOw regarding Guitar, I suggest you to get Ibanez RG tremelo series or RG Prestige series. Tremolo series are cheaper and are korean made, but they are good enough as well. What you can do later is get a Tremolo series like RG 370 DX and later change its pickups.

Now pickups are very important factor for every guitars sound. For that I suggest you to get the combination of Air NOrton, Tone Zone and True Velvet. If you put these combo in ur guitar, you'll get the most versatile piece, and you can cover almost everything and every gerne, oh yeah along with RP500.

As about AMP, do not buy amps, coz with ur budget you cant buy good amp i guess. Better buy cheap one which is MORE THAN GOOD ENOUGH for you, and later you can save some money and get ROLAND CUBE 80. do not go for Marshall. Coz asian marshall quality has degraded since then. Roland RUBE 40 or 80 is good enough. if you are just a room player, Roland Cube 40 is again more than you need. I am sure you wont be alble to play with full volume.

thats all.

ps: sorry for erros.