Need to buy new Electric Guitar for around 18k

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by Cheta_49, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Cheta_49

Cheta_49 New Member

i am a beginner and been playing on acoustic for around 6 months now. Need a guitar with single coil pickups(suitable for the type of music i am planning to play) with good wood (not agathis),had my mind set on the cort x6 with its H-S-H pickups,but it has a floating bridge which i have heard gives a lot of trouble keeping tune.would like to purchase a hard tail or vintage tremolo guitar.Not going to play mostly soft metal,indie rock kind of thing.plz dont suggest ibanez GRG's,B C Rich,fender squier strat(no disrespect for any one who own these guitars,but saw a lot of bad things about these ones in many reviews).

2. harmonizer

harmonizer The Son of the Moon

god ! u rejected too many axes... btw what have u heard about yamaha pacifica series?? they're HSS ( chances that u will reject are very high ) :p:

3. Cheta_49

Cheta_49 New Member

@harmonizer -thanks for replying friend.
    pacificas are awesome and i will surely go for them if i don't find any other ,the reason (i know really shameful) i am not getting a pacifica is because of the looks,i would like to get a more modern looking guitar like ibanez etc,i know looks are the last thing i should see but i think they should matter atleast a little, also there should be some valid choices other than pacificas in this budget ,right?

4. harmonizer

hmmm.....best of luck....m also about to buy my kit....some guys on IGT can help u choosing ur right gear...wait for their reply

5. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

What is so modern looking in an Ibanez?

It has the same decades old Stratocaster silhouette.
    Perhaps you are talking about the paint scheme.

6. Cheta_49

Cheta_49 New Member

@alpha1: dude ,thanks for replying,but can you please help me with the query i have put.
    yup the paint is better n it something like a super strat shape na,more edgy or something?plus i dont like the white scratchguards.where are all the guitar experts i have heard so much about ?a fellow IGTian needs help here.

7. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

I'd suggest you to look out for the Greg Bennett Avion series... AV3 will fit the bill perfectly... H-H configuration though but a versatile guitar for a person on budget ..

8. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Thats also a classic shape in my opinion.

The more "modern" ones would be Flying V and Explorer. But even these have been around for decades.
    Perhaps something like Warlock?

But then not in this budget.

You haven't told where you live.
    You may explore the option of utilizing services of a luthier - who can custom make a guitar to your specs.
    (Shape included)

9. wylder

wylder Member

I get what you mean about the Strat looking a little too neat for some people. You can go for a other color combos like black/tortoise shell pick guard.
    Or look at Telecasters if its for more of Rock/Rockabilly/Southern Rock?
    Would be helpful if you could name an artist whose sound is in the ballpark of what you want...

10. Cheta_49

Cheta_49 New Member

thinking of getting the cort zenox z44, i know,a little out of the mentioned budget but 2 EMG humbuckers and also a coil tap is there,so can go single coil.what do you guys think?
    and,thank you guys again for replying.

11. guitarplayer729

guitarplayer729 New Member

take the esp ltd ax-50

12. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Shiiiit guitar !

13. guitarplayer729

guitarplayer729 New Member

said it bcoz he mentioned looks

14. Cheta_49

Cheta_49 New Member

thanks for all the suggestions guys,finally got greg bennett avion av3,in wine red finish,compared it with a lots of guitars(in my budget) in shop and the sound was better than all of them,will upgrade pickups when i start getting better at playing electric guitar.

15. harmonizer

for how much...n from where?