Need to buy Intermediate priced multi-effect pedal

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by bart952, Apr 30, 2013.

1. bart952

bart952 New Member

Hi, I'm Bharath and i live in Banaswadi, Bangalore, India. I'm new here and this is my first post. Hopefully, I'm not re-posting :p

I've been playing acoustic guitar for about 5 years now. I purchased a Greg Bennett AV3 and a Marshall 15 2 years back. I've been meaning to buy a processor for a while now, but never had the means. Now that i've started working, i want to make that purchase.

Here are my specifications...

-> I want an intermediate priced multi effect processor(10-15k INR). I don't mind 'used'. Just enough to know the What's What in guitar sounds and effects. I mean to make a bigger purchase once i know what i want.

-> Should have all the Essential Effects. Should be of decent quality and possibly of use live.

-> I listen to and play Blues, Classic Rock, pop and some jazz. Eric Clapton, SRV, Hendrix, John Mayer are some of the guitarists i look up to.

-> Price can be stretched but i don't see the point since it's my first processor.

Well, I hope i've covered all the points. Please give some brand/model suggestions. Thank you :)

2. ishan11

ishan11 New Member

Vox tonelab ST..zoom G3/G3X looks seems to be really good as well..
    plus it has a 40 sec looper and a drum machine which is synced with the looper...quite cool..
    a whole lot more features and utility with the zoom IMHO..

3. shubhamAT

shubhamAT New Member

Go for G3X. That extra pedal does come in handy lot of times and would have bought it if it was available then. Have been using it(G3) for over an year now. Really good. You can download patches for it too. I have used it twice on stage, having an aluminum body it does take lot of beating. I have never used the looper on it but the drum machine is something i use daily.

4. bart952

bart952 New Member

Thanks Ishan and Shubham. I read the reviews on Zoom G3X. Seems like the perfect one for my needs. Happy Guitaring :)

5. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

Go for Boss ME 25. Excellent effects within. Price - approx. 13K.