need to buy an electric guitar...help

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by arnie_t8, Jun 18, 2009.

1. arnie_t8

arnie_t8 New Member

2. arnie_t8

arnie_t8 New Member

hi...going to buy amp now...budget 6k...need ur suggesttions
    considerin randall 15w...hows it?
    require good distortion nd other basic effects if possible

i no u r gonna suggest me to listen to the tone of diff amps n select wich one i like...but i dn think il be able to select that way...so suggest me one wich is commonly bot under this budget or mayb +1k....then il compare it with others which wil make my decision easier.
    thnks

3. metalmickey

metalmickey New Member

the best option for your requirements wud be to go for roland cube 15x(5700rs)-4 onboard really good dstrtn fx. or roland micro cube!-6 distortions + flanger,phaser,reverb,etc.(6200rs)....if you got xtra bucks go for the roland cube 20x(8500)-darn loud!+ plus a good collection of dsp's n distortions!.but my option really is to go for a lo fi used/new kustom or stranger basic amp costin around 3-3.5k n a used/new zoom/digitech processor costin around 3-3.5k.....ive got an roland cube 15x along with an digitech rp80(courtesy "distorted"!)!! and its really sounds great!!........but to make things simple just get an roland cube 15x(dsnt have onboard dsp's like flanger,phaser,etc..though) or micro cube(as its just an practice amp its got everythin a beginner needs but the volume is pretty low...tough to get good heavy riffs!!)..........

4. arnie_t8

arnie_t8 New Member

thnks for the rply mate (n sry for replyn late).....il chek out cube 15x....and in micro cube specs i cudnt find distortion (does COSM amp modelling mean distortion only?)...
    nd plz comment on randall 15w....is it gud too or inferior to cube 15x?

5. metalmickey

metalmickey New Member

i aint sure about the randal....even though they are the amps used by the guys in judas priest!!.....but the randall 15w by all means wud be inferior to the roland cube15x.main reason is it lacks dsp's like flanger,echo,phaser,etc...and only 2 channel.i.e clean and overdrive...wheareas cube15x has 4 distortion inclusive of the crunchy metal stack.its like having four stomp box in one!!.the micro cube's got awesome funx but lacks the volume n heavy sound you can get outa the cube15w.micro cube also lacks equalisers!.....by all means roland cube15x is worth all ur money!!....go for it blindly!......or get an cheap stranger/kustom amp n get an zoom g1 for 3k......kustom is better than stranger amp's actually(the overdrive channel sounds great)!!..............yeah amp modellin is havin diffrnt types of amp tones in one single box!!(funny xplanation i guess!!).........check out both cube 15x n micro cube's demo on www.youtube.com

6. arnie_t8

arnie_t8 New Member

thanks mickey...i got roland cube 15x...thnks a ton

7. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

BTW guys RG321mh is available at bajaao.com for 19.5k

Cheers !!!

8. metalmonke

metalmonke New Member

since your budget was arnd 20k...
    i wud've suggest u to buy ibanez grg170dx wich is arnd 12k...since u wanted to make a long time investment...
    shud've bought a boss ds-1 wich is arnd 2.8k...wich have made u left wid 5.2k......if u had increased ur budget till 22k....
    u shud've bought the line 6 spider iii 15 for 7k....it is not compatible with processors but is compatible with distortion pedals....so..

but the gear u bought is also very good....

best of luck. :)