Need tips for assembling a cheap tele with good sound ....

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by soumyaranjan, Jul 15, 2012.

1. henrynh

henrynh New Member

https://www.20north.com/

It's safe, I've haven't had any problems yet. There is more than just their service. Here's 3 more:
    https://shopabroadonline.com/home.asp

https://www.shopandship.com/default.aspx

https://www.borderlinx.com/

They each have a FAQ secton available on their site so I won't bother with the what & how details. You can order anything as long as it isn't prohibited by the Govt. of India.
    I haven't used aramex & borderlinx but you can be rest assured that they are safe, if only i had a citibank/hdfc account or Intl. credit card I'd be using those as well.
    Buy from who ever has the lowest quote available, most of the time it's iccworldwide(shopabroad) than the rest.

Try not to go crazy with shopping through them, it can get addictive since it ends up being cheaper then buying from the stores here.

2. tirtha2chester

tirtha2chester New Member

Thanks a lot henrynh

Everything is understood... I have one more question... What happens when a product I buy turns out to be defective? Do they take the responsibility?

3. tirtha2chester

Just check the 2nd and the 4th website out... Their cost calcualtor shows me it'd take A Seymour Duncan SH 6 quoted on musiciansfriend as $72.95 Rs 6100 (the 2nd one) and 6900 (the 4th one)... :shock:

:nw:

If this was cheap, I'd rather buy from bajaao.com :Laughing:

4. henrynh

henrynh New Member

A manufacturing defect isn't covered by their warranty, they will however allow you to return it back to US from the store you brought it since the warranty is still applicable there. Now if the product arrives broken during time of delivery then you get full refund or replacement as long as you opened the box before signing for the delivery & called them up.

I've gotten pedals, parts, tubes & pickups using 20north or shopabroad. Never had any thing turn out dead on arrival. I've never cross beyond 20k worth of import. My sig doesn't include all the things I own, there's more stuff I have that you won't get in India, if I include it then locating me live would be easy lol

Just don't buy cheap Chinese stuff from US & you won't receive a defective unit. Pickups aren't something I would worry about being defective out of the box. For pedals, stick with MXR or boutique builders if you intend to import any.

5. henrynh

henrynh New Member

You'll need to contact 20north support to get the quote checked in.
    On shopabroad I can guarantee it will be less than 5.5k. Period
    Same goes for borderlinx.

Edit: I'm getting a quote of 5.3k including shipping. You have done something wrong somewhere.
    EDIT2: It's borderlinx that's giving me 6.9k :mad:
    EDIT3: Oopsie its my error, it's 5.3k from amazon & it can be further reduced to 5.1k with a coupon code on shopabroad. It's still 5.9k for duncans from MF. Might as well try Dimarzio equivalents, those come around 5k, can be reduced to 4.8k from amazon ;)

6. soumyaranjan

soumyaranjan New Member

Nice info dude !! thanks

7. soumyaranjan

soumyaranjan New Member

@Tirtha2chester can you please tell me how to reach this music kafe shop from say rabindra sarovar/tollygaunge metro station? i am planning to go there tomorrow sometimes in afternoon or evening, with nothing in particular in mind, maybe just to visit the shop. I hear so many good things about the shop. Maybe i get lucky and find some good stuffs super cheap or something, hehehehehe. Thanks.

8. tirtha2chester

you should actually.. there's this guy in IGT who just got a Bugera V5 for 14ks (price quoted in bajaao is 18.5) from there....

just take the metro to rabindra sarobar (not tollygunge mind you), exit from the back entrance (the one towards dum dum) and cross the road... walk below the rail bridge ahead and keep walking, for about 3-4 minutes... you'll cross a couple of lanes and a crossing.... the store should come up one your left...

you can get there no. from here...
    Musickafe - Résumé | Facebook

9. soumyaranjan

soumyaranjan New Member

Hey thanks dude.