need suggestion for ibanez grg170dx and digitech rp500

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by +HeRo+, Mar 3, 2009.

1. +HeRo+

+HeRo+ New Member

hey guys i'm back..
    i need suggestion regarding ibanez grg170dx it costs 13500 .. and it looks a great deal....

and digitech rp500 also looks nice and i'm not knowing the price it comes in india

i live in rajasthan & so i want the current price too of these... so need suggestion about both...

and i need ur review.. about these

also my budget is 32 k for guitar + processor

plz. tell new good stuff in that budget...

2. 6stringer

6stringer New Member

Make a better decision

Instead put that money for a good amp. Here is what I suggest you can get for that money. I read you right your budget is 32k.. Buy a RG370DX (24 K), Marshall MGX15CD - 5.5 K, Boss Metal Zone 4.8 K or DS-1 - 2.6 K and you have a decent rock setup. I will say no to a GRG if you have a 32 K budget. Otherwise if you are a bedroom guitar player, its bang for the buck. If you want ot buy any IBANEZ guitars mail me I will get you a good deal from Mumbai.

3. sudiptwhizkid

sudiptwhizkid New Member

I bought an Ibanez grg170dx recently .. and a Marshall MGX15CD ... My budget wasnt much though .. and It looks to be a nice guitar .. the neck of the guitar is better as compared to the other guitars at around same cost or higher .. If my budget was 32k i wud prefer to get the best Epiphone Les Paul and then might add on rest one after the other .. My personal opinion is why to waste money on processors when u can have a Laptop with the available softwares for the same .. Just add a pedal and ur Laptop can have all the effects u can imagine ..

Thats my personal view though .. It all depends what your prefrences are..

4. distorted

distorted satan

GRG170 is nice, but if u hv a good budget, get sumthing better... N If u want a high end processor... I wud strongly say a NO fr digitechs... They r gud fr beginners, i mean their low end ones... better get a boss or line 6 if u hv gud budget... But mind u, handling dem requires a lot of experience... Tweak tweak n tweak.... N a proportionate investment is lyk, get a really gud guitar at first if u can spend, den an amp like marshall 15/30 DFX (m planning fr one), n then get a processor wid remaining money... U can upgrade the processor later... If u take evrything ok kinds, u'll keep on spending fr upgrading dem n end up wid nthing rly gud...

5. limpbelevr

limpbelevr New Member

get the rp500...its the best sounding processor to date...most authentic....if yr good at making patches u can make anything sound good...