Need some suggestion for Lead based Guitar Song

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by hemant_spidey3, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Hi Guys,

I need your help for improving on my lead playing skills. I've been playing the scales now pretty well so i thought I actually boost it up to next level. I'm not sure but the way i see it will improve if I learn some song based on scales and lead. Can you please suggest me some song which will be good for a beginner like me. I did tried wish you were here - Pink Floyd, it came pretty good. I really appreciate your suggestion on how to improve on the skill and for songs.

2. piyushsood2312

piyushsood2312 New Member

u can try more advanced techniques now. bends, slides, vibratos, hammer-ons, flick-offs. search on net and know how to use them with diffrnt scales and u can try simple licks.

thats the way i did and i still do(as i m a beginner too)...

Hope it helps!!

3. I'm able to do all that you mention above. I just want direction to implement all of these.

Thanks for your reply anyways

4. piyushsood2312

piyushsood2312 New Member

Great from how long are u into guitaring? electric or acoustic?

5. wylder

wylder Member

Try "Crying" by Joe Satriani. Easy solos with lots of bending, just need to get comfortable with the timings...

6. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Play the complete song with solo: Another Brick in the Wall (part 2).
    Also try the fills and licks during the singing.

(Brownie point: people around you will love it when you play)

*String break warning - due to excessive string bending*

7. Thank you for your wonderful suggestion. I'll try this.

8. Can you tell brownie point is from whom?

Also thank you for suggestion on Pink's song.

9. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

The Brownie point is for you.
    Its a recognizable song and you will immediately become the guitar hero for the hordes of people around you.
    (and the lyrics cannot be better - if you can sing along)

Of course as a side effect you will also learn about the String bends, pull offs, hammer ons, vibratos etc

10. tirtha2chester

tirtha2chester New Member

Try practicing licks, intricate chops, different ascending and descending scale patterns and arpeggios.... That should get you going for now... There are plenty of these kinds of exercises and lessons available online...

When you are okay with them, try weaving different licks together into a mini solo....

11. Hey there are so many artist came up when I searched for brownie point . Can you please be more specific??

Thanks in advance

12. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

13. wylder

wylder Member

IMHO if you are just starting out playing solos, don't shoot for Another Brick in the Wall as the solo is terribly long and difficult to remember or even get sounding right.

Pick something a little easier. Here's another suggestion - try 'Knocking on Heaven's Door' by Guns n Roses.
    Post back when you done if you want suggestions for a little more complex song.