Need some assistance here please.

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by SimonSuhas, Apr 30, 2006.

1. SimonSuhas

SimonSuhas New Member

Hi all am a newbie here and got a few doubts. Am playing guitar for over a year and i enjoy it. Am trying to upgrade myself to have a good knowledge about music and not just playing.
    1. I want to know how do you identify the chords apart from common major and minor chords.
    2. To build up chords for a song i want to make it sound much richer by adding few extra chords apart from 3chord structure, but the problem is i dont know how. For doing this should i be familiar with the scales coz am very very bad in scales.
    3. I love to play leads and i listen to songs and leads in them but when i try to play after seeing the song am totally confused where it start and where it ends.
    ************Can anyone please help me on this?*******************

2. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

all of that is here.

use the search function but in short you should learn the theory of the chord before you even attempt to go even near playing leads.

In short one can never master the lead until he can play some rythm.

3. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I disagree with your first statement somewhat and completely agree with your second one.

While basic chord theory is essential, practice is as physical as it is about understanding the instrument. I would normally divide my time between the two.

4. zing

zing Machine Head

https://www.all-guitar-chords.com/index.php
    https://www.all-guitar-chords.com/guitar_scales.php
    :think: maybe u shd try hearing the song also? hehe just kidding ;)
    but seriously only ur ear can help u - plus tons o practice

5. manoj2103

manoj2103 New Member

hey

i think u should improve ur scales

once u know whic scale the song is sung in u can play all the chords that belong to that scale .............. almost
    just try this

hope this helps u bro