Need some Advice from Pros..!!

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by volcano619, Feb 14, 2012.

1. amithkallupalam

amithkallupalam New Member

Im not sure about either of those. I dont think Java guitars are good. Probably made out of plywood. As for kustom amps, they might be good.. Havent played one.. But dude, just spend around 18k and get a yamaha pacifica 012 and a peavey vypyr 15. Thats the best you can get for 18k.

2. amithkallupalam

Dude -
    Vypyr wont perform at its best on the pacifica. Its way too mid heavy.. the 6505 almost impossible to play. Way too middy. But the other channels are well and good. Even when the mids are scooped, everything is really middy. But still its the best guitar + amp you can get for 18k IMO. It soudns fricking killer. I would've shown you a clip but i dont have a video camera. :(. Let me see what I can do.

3. guitarplayer729

guitarplayer729 New Member

dont go for java
    they are okay guitars but u can get better

4. amithkallupalam

Dude why are you still on the fence? Just go to a shop and test the guitars there in your budget! And as for the amp, the vypyr will suffice. Actually its more than enough. And I would really suggest you get the yamaha pacifica 012. Its a really good guitar for the price. I love playing it and everything just feels really solid and good. The pickups have just enough output. The volume(Output of pickups) on my guitar is rolled down to 5 all the time and the tone is at 10. I use the rectifier model on the vypyr with the tubescreamer in the vypyr, with tone and gain at 10 o'clock and its perfect for metal. Its not all that muddy. And the strings arent sensitive because I rolled down the volume.. Its the perfect starter rig! And it'll be a good backup too! Dont get the black finish if you go for the pacifica because it gets scratched really fast and you'll get tired of the colour black really fast. Try going for red or something! You wont notice the scratches on the red finish that much. One more thing, the neck pickup on the pacifica just sucks. Its really bad for playing heavy tones... Its way too muddy when distorted. The neck isnt extremely thin but its thin enough for shred and stuff. I don't shred much, because I cant, but I do play easy shred licks from bfmv songs (Not shred really, just fast alternate picking) and the guitar is good enough for it! Dude this is one of the best guitars for 10k. And the amp is just amazing! Just get it! Other than the neck pickup and the extremely mid heavy pickups, this guitar is a beauty. The vypyr will do almost anything and everything you want. You just have to scoop the mids to get a decent tone. Lots of loose bass too but that can be easily taken care of! Guitarists shouldn't play with too much bass! Its the bass guitarist's job! Get them man!

5. guitarplayer729

great advice
    how much time did it take u to write it btw

6. amithkallupalam

About 10 minutes!

7. volcano619

volcano619 New Member

This is going to be my first guitar....all are advicing me to go for a low budget guitar...!!
    Pacifica is about 10K and Vypr is like 5k which comes out to be 15K
    and i saw a JAVA guitar for 7-8k and Kustommade amp for 2-3K

8. volcano619

volcano619 New Member

And that really is generous...!!

9. amithkallupalam

Dude, you can choose which ever guitar you want. People here will only HELP you decide. They wont decide for you. The final decision is yours to make. But let me tell you that if you get the java and the kustom amp, you'll end up regretting that choice for a long time. Maybe you don't know what the difference between the vypyr and the kustom amp is. Not all amps are the same. Different amps sound different. And I bet the yamaha pacifica will play and sound much better than a JAVA guitar. Who knows. Maybe its made of plywood. Dont expect to get KILLER distortion or even overdrive from the kustom amp. Its probably gonna suck. I have only heard a few solid states that have good distortion. And the vypyr is on top of the list. Dont rush your purchase and dont get crap gear no matter what. If your gear and tone suck you wont be interested in the guitar and you'll quit.
    People back me up here.

10. guitarplayer729

go for vypyr man
    u wont need effects for a long time
    and thus you would be able to upgrade from ur pacifica after some time(1 year or so)

11. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

:Lighten:
    A guitar made from Plywood - should work out to be really cheap!

Any luthier ready for it?

12. amithkallupalam

^LOL dude it'll probably suck ass!! It'll be really cheap so you'll be able to smash it at the end of concerts!

13. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

... and light weight too.

14. volcano619

volcano619 New Member

oK..going for a pluto ST-3...having H-S-H...I know..this sucks..but i'm kinda out of money right now....as far as i played it wasn't that bad...tried even greg bennet Malibu..but it was about 10K...

I'm just kinda confused that it has a H-S-H config...Is that ok?? :|
    And for amp...going for a cube22....
    Please do reply if anything you have for my record...!!