need help working out with digitech rp80 processor

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by arunthegr8, Apr 20, 2008.

1. arunthegr8

arunthegr8 New Member

hey guys...

i recently got myself a new electric guitar, fender affinity strait and processor, digitech rp80; but am not able to completely get using the processor....

have you guys ever heard "spitleaf" by "zero india"? i wanted to produce that kinda sound from the guitar but am not able to.
    I am able to play distortion of many types while playing chords; but when i try to play lead, it seems like i bypassed my processor. You know the way leads with distortion are played. I am not able to produce that kinda sound form my guitar...

can anybody help please???????

2. FM King

FM King New Member

Well i have got the Bass Verision of it ie BP-80...........go to Digitech Club

3. FM King

FM King New Member

Go to https://www.digitech.com/ and Click on the Workstation Tab on the left hand side for Patches only 40-User Patches are allowed I guess

4. octavius

octavius New Member

use distortion on your amp and then process the signals thru rp8o it sounds better by the way how much u got it for? Try to upgrade to rp150 at least anothr option is to use a noise gate before amplification the way to do it is to use head phone jack as output feeding the amp

5. andystringer83

andystringer83 New Member

Hi there. I use the same processors. I need to know who to activate the expression pedal?

6. Kart

Kart New Member

I have RP80 for about an year now and i think u can amend the 'bypass' problem in lead by using Delay and boosting your Treble on the EQ settings.
    Try this for an instance --
    Compressor - 11
    Amp Model - G4
    EQ - b2,d2,t8
    Delay - P3,30
    If you wish you can increase your amp gain, but its always sweeter not to have too much distortion unless you play strictly metal.

7. Kart

Kart New Member

When editing a preset the last option is of the expression pedal. Use the volume keys to set the use of the pedal, i.e. wah/amp/effect/delay. Then the next choice is of the toe and heel values for the pedal. 1-99. Set these values depending on the range you want real-time control on.