Need Help with Guitar

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by GtrPhreak, May 4, 2010.

1. GtrPhreak

GtrPhreak New Member

i like the look of the avion av1.but ive played an indian made LP imitation(think it was jimm)and found it kinda uncomfortable!im not talking abt the fretboard or playability or stuff like that,but for some reason i felt uncomfortable using it!thats why im more inclined towards the pacifica!

2. GtrPhreak

GtrPhreak New Member

is the av1 the only hardtail in 12k range??

3. insatanity

insatanity New Member

Since u live in Chennai, you could consider getting one made by Tulsi. You can also check out Harmony Guitars.

4. GtrPhreak

GtrPhreak New Member

a friend of mine told me id be better off getting a stock guitar to get used to and then go for a custom made!harmony guitars are custom made??

5. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

Try. Playing. The. ORIGNAL. Recommended. Guitars.

And there's nothing wrong with saving up for something good, is it? Or are you dying and desperate to buy some crap? Save up, and aim for at least 25k for a decent guitar+amp.

6. GtrPhreak

GtrPhreak New Member

well im being realistic man!im still in college and even after start earnig or smin like that,saving 25k for a guitar would take me atleast another 3yrs.add another 2years already spent with an acoustic.that makes the wait a whole 5 years for my first electric.so i am dying,not literally,but dying to get an electric!thats why the hurry!
    and ive pretty much made up my mind abt the pac 012,jus waiting to try it before buying!

7. insatanity

insatanity New Member

Harmony used to make low end guitars for Jackson; not sure if they still make for them. You can visit their showroom and try out some guitars. They use Korean parts and Duncan designed pickups.

Tulsi is also known for making good entry level guitars.

If you're planning to buy a Yamaha, then check their PAC112J, PAC120SJ and RGX121Z models.

8. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

if ur friend is soo knowledgeable he shud help u out with the custom made guitar.. and if he has no idea than its better u don give a sh*t bout wat he's sayin..

9. GtrPhreak

GtrPhreak New Member

hey guys,
    sorry abt being inactive!coupla tough exams!
    i tried out the pacifica 012 today,felt great(but i guess thats how id have felt on any electric after all the time spent on my acoustic,which btw isnt too easy on the fingers).also tried the squier affinity and bullet,as well as the ibanez grg170.dint like the squier too much.but the pac and grg170 felt nearly the same!both clean and overdrive!
    but considering what ive seen on this forum the grg170 seems to have a pretty bad reputation(constantkly goin out of tune and stuff)!

so does the pac hav any cons that i shud be aware of before actually purchasing it?or things i shud check to make sure it isnt damaged or anything?

and thanks for all the help uve given so far guys!couldnt have narrowed it down so far without it!!

10. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

Good observation, make sure you'll live with it's feel till your next guitar ;)

Anyway, remember that link I gave you? If you go down, you find a how-to-check-a-new-guitar section there. Though we may not have Guitar Center (and, judging by some opinions, that may be a good thing), 99.9999% of the things there hold true.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5187049&postcount=6

Good luck, tell us when you buy it, and pics and audio clips are mandatory. xD

11. GtrPhreak

GtrPhreak New Member

sure hope i do live with it :)
    checked out the neck,tuners and stuff!fret width seemed pretty good too!
    played the intro part of One's solo(metallica)!but couldnt spend too much time on the guitar so wasnt able to check out everything!but i did hear a buzzing sound when i was playing,hit one of the strings accidentally with my nails(bit nervous,there was a guy standing next to me watching me play)!
    thats not fret buzz right(jus bad playing on my part i hope!)
    next time il probably walk in with 12k and make sure he sees the money.that way he wudnt mind even if i sit through the night :D

il surely post the pics and audio as soon as i get it!surely owe u guys that!

12. metalmonke

metalmonke New Member

if you are a beginner with 12k in the pocket, go for ibanez grg170dx...discard the whammy bar and be a fixed bridge player till you get a nice kickass axe...

13. GtrPhreak

GtrPhreak New Member

hey guys,
    was out of station for the past 1 week so cudnt check the posts!sorry abt that..thought il buy a pac 012j today but i tried out the yamaha erg121u..its almost similar to the pac in configuration (wood,fingerboard,size etc)..but it has a vintage vibrato bridge and a H-S-H pickup config(really tempting,had a nice crunchy feel compared to the s-s-h of the pac)
    i played it on a hartke 10w amp and it sounded good(both amp and guitar)!
    so please help me guys
    yamaha pac012j(9800) or yamaha erg121u(its box packed with 1yr warranty,9500rs)!

14. metalmonke

metalmonke New Member

read my suggestion bro....

i said discard d whammy bar frm grg170dx n be a fixed bridge player...it will help u a lot...its for 12k...

buy ibanez grg170dx...value for money..!!

15. GtrPhreak

GtrPhreak New Member

hey guys,
    i finally bought the yamaha erg121.its almost like the pac 012 but it has two humbuckers.
    so far im pretty satisfied abt it.will upload pics when i get a decent cam(webcam quality sux).

thanx for all the help everyone!!

16. sumit993192289

sumit993192289 New Member

hey guys....plzzz help in buying a new electrci guitar

hey guys....i n going to buy an electric guitar..i have a roland cube 15x......i want to buy best guitar in the range of rs 15000.....its ma max budget...plzzzz help