need help with guitar rhythem

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by anishsharma451, Oct 30, 2010.

1. anishsharma451

anishsharma451 New Member

hi guys.

I won't say i'm new to guitar i learnt it for 8 months and know playing few songs but they don't sound sweet at all. I don't know if my vocals are not good but my teacher used to tell me that i'll be a good guitarist if i continue practicing then due to my professional life i coudlnt continue moreover my teacher also got into band now, he won MTV rock on.

i purchased new yamaha f310 jumbo. But the problem now is that every day starting with same old exercises and some old chords doesn't seem to me that i'm learning.

I switch easily F,E, Em, A, Am, G, F bar, Gbar Bm, Bmajor.
    My learnt few scales but it's getting monotnus. What should i do next so that my skills improve.

I also want to play good and want to sing good with it. But that rhythem between vocals and guitar chords seems so difficult to get. I don't know where to change the cord while singing basically, just have a vague idea , even with the songs which are listed here. Is there any way to improve it, if not how monotnus would it go?

Any comments would be highly remarkable.

2. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Any comments would be highly remarkable? WTF is that supposed to mean?

3. guitardoctor

guitardoctor Will Rx for food

It is with tears in my eyes that I write this. Finally, someone has recognised my comment for what it is. Every time I've whipped my comment out in public, people just treated it like an ordinary comment. My whole life has been one long battle to get my comment recognised for the remarkable thing it is. And today, finally, my comment's remarkability has been recognised...

4. raga2303

raga2303 Member

Guitardoctor - you have pulled a nice one here..And to answer Anish - what you need to do is practice more and more.. initially it looks tricky to strum and sing along at the same time.. All you need to do is take one song, practice the rythem first.. once you are so comfortable that you can play the rythem in your sleep, then you will find that it is easy to sing along as well.. in few months you will be able to play & sing any new song easily..
    so key is to practice.. also practice bar chords .. if you just play open chords your choice of songs will be very limited..