need help with amps

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by leopole26, May 16, 2009.

1. leopole26

leopole26 New Member

Guys i finally went to this shop in chennai pro musicals...tried couple of amps..
    all they have is roland 15x , hartke and kustom amps...i was not satisfied with any of them..

can u suggest me some stores in chennai...were i can find laney,line 6..
    btw roland 20x cost around 9500 here in chennai...is that worth it...and i also need to know have anyone tried this amp "Laney LX 20R Guitar Amplifer with Reverb" can i get some reviews...

2. distorted

distorted satan

IMO, Roland is better den laney, thou laney is nt bad anyhw... Pro is costlier... Try musee, thou rare chances of they having line6 in stock... Its gonna be difficult finding it in chennai... Call up furtados in banglore... travelling to banglore fr getting sumthing gud is better den getting kustoms or hartkes in chennai.

3. srijit911

srijit911 New Member

i have heard some horrible things about stranger amps and also some descent reviews..
    my question is If i hook up a stranger cube 20m with a Digitech rp150 processor will it sound good? i have a cort x1 guitar.

4. Harsh Kumar

Harsh Kumar The Official IGT Jester

the thing is more than the amp it's the preamps deciding the done!
    Amps just give you gain!

Pre amps can color it, n stranger does not color the tone.
    So hooking it to a decent mixer or your rp150 should do the trick.

But tonal preferences vary form person to person, i suggest you try tht out first!

5. srijit911

srijit911 New Member

thanx for that info..

my aunt will be getting a rp 150 frm uk next month..so i dont wanna invest too much on an Amp because i dont need any inbuilt effects from the amp. so i will go for the stranger amp along with the rp150.

6. sameermakker

sameermakker New Member

Can someone tell me which amp should i buy if my budget is 2-2.5k

7. angel_of_sin

angel_of_sin bassist.....

u can go for a Marsahll 10cd or a stranger 20........i would prefer marshall in this budget.....