Need help to buy guitar pedals

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by BIG_EVIL, Jun 13, 2005.

1. real_illusions

real_illusions Clapton Is GOD

Awesome, but I have not been fortunate enough to play on that many pedals(yet). Among the ones I have played, I found the Crybaby and Vox to be extremely stable.

About the Wah/Distortion mismatch, I had this problem too but it is almost unnoticable if you stick a compressor and/or a filter between the two.

I used a Boss Compressor between a Crybaby 535 and DS-1 but was still getting a small amount of noise so I stuck a homemade filter circuit in the mix and the noise totally died down.

2. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

for distortion - todays rock standard seems to be the TS-09 - almost every artisrt ive seen seems to be using this pedal - the other pedals ive really heard a lot about are the AMT and Boss MT-2.

3. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

BTW..........WHERE IS BIGGY?????:think:

4. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

TS9 or TS808 is more a Boost Pedal for solos. Or people use Tube Screamers to drive the front end of the Tube Amp. It's pretty week for a stand alone distortion unless you get a TS9 Baked Mod done by Keeley. He increases the gain by three times,

5. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

ah... i see...

im an absolute processor boy - dont know much about actual pedals..

6. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

hey ronnie..i changed my mind...im going for the fatal tube!!!

7. ronnieanand

Hey Dennis,
    I use a Fatal Tube. If you want Fatal Tube or California Sound talk to me 'cos I am using these extensively. I will give you good insights about the Pros and Cons.

8. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

sure..ill catch ya on messenger sometime

9. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

@dennis me 2 , gonna buy a Fatal Tube !9round in sep)
    didnt like the METALLIZER , sounded 2 heavy and gaininsh!!
    FATAL tube's best 4 solo's

10. ronnieanand

Actually California Sound is better for Solos. Fatal Tube is great for Rhythm. California Sound sounds like a Fatal Tube played through a 4x12 cabinet. Amazing stuff. I played my pedals through a Tube Amp recently and it rocked. Actually the Keeley Modded Blues Driver was my favourite through the tube amp. It just rocked.

11. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

@ronnie
    so if i wanna play metallica, iron maiden solo's which 1 bud b better cali or fatal??

12. ronnieanand

Both Fatal Tube and California Sound has a pretty soft tone. The distortions are hard but not heavy enough to play Thrash Metal. There's a good amount of gain and sustain and very good for playing things like 80s Hard Rock to Heavy Metal something like Van Halen, Ozzy and things like that. For Metal I'd still suggest you to get the Metallizer. It's definitely good. Or get their DistStation. It packs in all of their Distortions and very much tweekable if you'd want to tweak a lot. Fatal Tube has a contour knob which can give you a lot of tweaking option. That is something the California Sound lacks but the tone is definitely better in California Sound. Infact most of the AMT Distortions have pretty much the same sound. If you are playing Hard Rock then go for California Sound or Fatal Tube + Clean Boost. For Metal, Metallizer is really good.

13. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

k i just went 2 amtelectronics.com
    they released a new product
    the distmachine 3
    u can make patches in dat !! 4 of em
    correct me if i'm wrong , idont think u can make patches in FT !

14. ronnieanand

Dist Machine allows you to have upto 16 patches. But I am not seeing it available in a lot of places. I had once talked to AMT and they were willing to send it to me but the shipping was too much.

15. BIG_EVIL

BIG_EVIL Guitaring Machine

sorry ..i cudnt get on the net.....due to the STUPID SUBMARINE that hit the wire somewhere near the indian ocean

anyways
    im back now
    aND THANX EVERYONE especially ronnie
    awesome posts people

16. h4f0n

h4f0n New Member

Sorry for late response :p:

Anyways if you want a metallica type distortion (general metal sound) you should try out the Boss MD2 (Mega distortion). Gives a HUGE sound, great for rhythm and a good solo sound.

For wah definately go for VOX (unless you have the money for RMC). Get hold of the v848, as it has true bypass and a socket for external adapter. Dont get the Dunlop standard wah, its really bad!.

For Reverb as ronnie said the E~H Holy grail is a great choice, better than the Boss RV5. I would buy one if my amp didnt have a built in spring reverb :p:

17. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

dudes wut do u say abt...Zoom 505...is it enogh to play Iron maiden , metallica s stuff

18. ronnieanand

Zoom 505 is good enought to play Vai, Satriani, Dream Theater and everything you want to. Except that you wont sound like any of them, it still has a lot of high gain and low gain distortions to play a variety.

19. BIG_EVIL

BIG_EVIL Guitaring Machine

i wanna play LP and MetallicA

anyways... my aunt has bought a TUBULATOR distortion pedal..( she will giv it to me next week) ......have any uv u ever used it??

she will buy the second one later

20. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

my biggest grudge in life : WHY I GOT NO SUCH AUNTS / UNCLES :cry2: