Need help setting up new guitar

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by v0id, Mar 5, 2006.

1. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^^^
    FAKE!!!

:nw:

2. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

hehehehe

Very true!

3. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

hehe. sorry just got ur pm.

it seems fine. it looks like uve got ur problems sorted out. either ways. let me know if u ahve any problems.

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

HAHA All's well that ends well. As the old wive's tales goes.

5. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

oh from personal expereince i can say - yes it does matter if th floating brdige is slanted or not. it should be kept parallel. the owner's manual confirms this. the guitar will go out of tne when you do divebombs etc if your bridge is slanted

6. v0id

v0id New Member

Thank you deathdr,

I will look into and make it parallel. I'm not doing divebombs right now and it has remained in tune so far. Let's see..

7. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Why should it stay in tune when parallel and not stay in tune when slanted.

Besides, if it is really not slanted, how is it intoned correctly?

8. toolhead

toolhead New Member

Is it genuine rg 370dx?? need help, please!

I got my rg 370dx abt 12 days back and its a made in indonasia, one just like void's(he's posted 3 pics but not of his edge 3 bridge) and same pics i was kinda convinced that they might have started production there in 2006, but recently when i was going through the online manual(usa) ,its written that all edge models have edge blocked on the tremolo block. but mine has only Ibanez written on it. what do ya'll think? do ya'll have 'Edge' written on the tremolo block.how do i know its an edge 3. I didnt take waranty or the bill so i got it for a bit cheaper but he was ready to give them for extra, but i thought 'since its only six months does it really matter', Does it???? please help

9. chintan9

Dude do not get confused between the Floyd Rose(original or licensed) setup and the Edge(ibanez) Setup.The bridge WILL look slanted because ONLY the lower portion of the bridge should be adjusted parallel to the body and not the top portion.

When you setup the edge bridge u should make sure the final setup looks something like this

Attached Files:

10. chintan9

Yup Edge III has only Ibanez written on the top
    See for yourself

Attached Files:

11. toolhead

toolhead New Member

thank u chintan,i was scared shitless, im really relieved, thanx a lot!

12. justjay

justjay New Member

hey guys, i just bought a rg370dx n mine too is made in indonesia, my serial number is I060226648, perfect condition, only thing is you gotta get the string height adjusted by raising or lowering the tremolo, then tune the guitar, edge pro or edge III will not be mentioned on the tremolo like the manual says. For more info visit www.jemsite.com. Void this is for you.