Need Help playing "F" Chord

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by d_novice, Jan 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Okie...thnx..:beer:

2. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

i dunno ... i feel barring the whole fret is easier than selective barring ...

but ob whatever sounds correct is correct ...

3. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Even I feel that Full Barre is always easier but Nebu feals partial barres are easier.

prit_undead likes this.
  4. #iR@

#iR@ GANDI BACHI RELOADED

mmmmmmmm........

thanks everyone........ these tips r really helping me in playing the F chord....... thanks again! u guys ROCK! :beer: :beer: :beer:

5. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Not exactly:p:...I am still experimenting to see which will be more comfortable...plan to play some blues..so those 7th chords gotta sound properly..:)..maybe it was just my buzzy acoustic..let me xperiment more on my new low-action elec..

6. arunav

arunav New Member

Even if the guy has quit,i think peope should atleast show some courtesy by saying thanx for all the guys who responded to help...

7. apurbajd

apurbajd ~#$&*$@*^$

Right arunav ............ may b the thread starter has quit but this thread will be of immense help to beginners like me ... I thank u all who gave so many tips regarding the dreaded F ....... :rock: :rock:

8. neurotrash

neurotrash New Member

thanks everyone!

Every couple of years, for about 10 years, ive picked up my guitar.
    It starts to come easily, as i have a musical background and a naturally good ear for music. I thought my problem was a physical one, as my 1st finger is quite short, which leads to me giving up whenever i come across an f chord!
    You guys have inspired me. I promise you all i wont sleep until i can do it!
    Thanks to everyone who wrote on this post

9. u got it

use the top portion of the fingers to barre the two thinnest strings then ur second finger for the third and fourth for the fourth strings.then put this shape on the fretboard lossen ur grip then tighten it again until u get the shape then lift ur fingers a bit off the board then make an f shape in the air and drop it on the board. do this several times increasing the distance little bit every couple of times.an f chord requires a little muscle build up that's all

10. faiqrock

faiqrock XaiQ

man practice practice n practice...dun worry u'll do it....

11. DJCrunkMix

DJCrunkMix Get crunked up!

I like playing F chord with full barre on the first fret. Its much easier than playing that little barre version over the B and e strings. The problem arises when switching from F major to B flat. Its pain in the butt to adjust the fingers and bring down the full barre to 5 strings (leaving the E string open, you dont play it). Frustrating :-@.

Thanks everyone for the advice...

12. Radius_Vector

Radius_Vector New Member

^^ Seconded. :cheers:

And also you learn barre chords that way.
    By barring just 2 strings, you just learn the F chord.

13. rocksta

rocksta Live Fast Die Young

yea..wonder wat hapened to the guy who strted this...sad if he gave up...jus rem guys..hendrix strted with a 1 string guitar..u jus have to practise keepin in mind dat 1 day it will come naturally like ..as baja said..scratchin.

14. samiarshad

samiarshad New Member

please give me c chord position

15. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

ok i came across an article abt barre chords so i juss it will b hlpful to some newbies.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

source

16. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

hey zoom i included the image code yet it showed it as an url.....

17. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Hey i prefer to hold the F chord in a barred way ... tht should be easier ... I've tried the other way .. but i thought this is good ....and easier ...

18. manoj2103

manoj2103 New Member

hi

hey bro
    just start practing by keeping a bar across the six strings ie ur first finger
    once finished with it and if it sounds clear then go for the chord

19. iprakash

iprakash Proud IGTian

The F chord is pure practice. I thought it was impossible for me too, but after months (really 2 months ;)) of not giving up I can now play it cleanly.

So my dear friend, simply don't give up.

20. floyd&vodka

floyd&vodka New Member

How is it played?

Guys ...

Is there more than one way of playing the F chord?

I play it this way:

1,2,3 are order of the fingers ..

On one site I saw:

100011 -> (How the hell can you do that?)

Please help!

Ramesh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.