Need Help playing "F" Chord

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by d_novice, Jan 1, 2005.

1. d_novice

d_novice New Member

Hey Guys,

I'm aving real hard time playing the F chord..I tried various postions of my fingers but I just can't do it....So its very sad that I cannot play any song which has F chord in it....

Can somebody please provide me some help/technique on playing F chord....

Thanks a lot !! :eek::

2. ijlal

ijlal The B chord

F and B are the most difficult chords for the beginners, but beleive me there is no shortcut to success ..so keep practising..u'll start playing it very soon...
    regards

3. d_novice

d_novice New Member

Belive me I tried like anything, but I just couldn't play it even once !!!
    Do I need to use a guitar having a fret board of smaller width ??

4. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

No you just need to practice more.

5. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

keep playing doesnt matter if it sounds muted. keep playing, and practice changing chords and move to F and B. it would be too borring just practicsinf the F chord again and again :p

6. d_novice

d_novice New Member

Thanks all..I'll try !!!!

7. maverick8218

maverick8218 New Member

Ok, here's some tips on how to play the F chord
    - place the index finger last i.e after the other fingers are in place. for may ppl the leading finger is the index finger, but try to change this habit. Personally speaking, I use my ring finger as the leading finger
    - don't try to hold down the first 2 strings with the flat of your index finger. but, rest your finger on the strings slightly sideways.
    - hold down the chord and play the strings one by one, to find out which strings sound muted. so you can address the problem areas one by one.

Best of luck !!!

8. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

plus u dont have to worry about barring all 6 strings.. just worry about the strings that are not handled by the other fingers.. thats mainly the E---BE or EA---E strings