need help on guitar buying

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by live.work.play, Feb 26, 2005.

1. live.work.play

live.work.play New Member

hi guys...this is mohit 4m chandigarh...im an absolute beginner 2 guitar...im in a dilemma ...cud u pls help me out?
    ...i jus got giveson's venus acoustic guitar..my frns had told me that its the best 4 the beginners..but here on the forums everybody is sayin that giveson sucks. :shock: ..i don know,....... i think it looks nd sounds pretty good....i need some serious help now... which acoustic guitar wud u suggest if i want 2 buy another one?i saw hobner nd gb&a....nd hws gibson?is it availaible in india?nd cud u pls suggest a decent teacher in chd who wont teach that regular classical music stuff...
    pls help me out
    cheers
    mj

2. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

i would suggest stick to ur givson and spend money later on buying an acoustic. y change it if u arnt facing any problems with it??
    and about gibson...hmm..800$..so if u are willing to spend that much on an acoustic then I lend me some too...im stuck with a givson electric.

btw, i recommend cheking out rabis article on guitar buying tips in the beginners section.

...oh yeah, welcome to IGT :beer:

3. live.work.play

hi

hi dennis...thank you so much....well ya i don think its too bad to start off with giveson...once i get to some level..ill lay my hands on hobner or something....nd dennis can u pls name a few good guitar brands in india..?....800$ is a lot of money....which brand offers the best value for money?ive heard only bout gb&a,hobner & gibson....
    thank you soo much
    cheers
    mj :rockon:

4. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

tansen's probably the only good guitar brand(electric) in India.. hobner makes some ok acoustics.
    yeah..start off with givson..learn the instrument first. Then when u are sure u aint gonna give up the guitar make a larger investment.

5. live.work.play

hi dennis thx,nw i guess my prob is solved...cheers :rock: