need help in deciding what to buy!!!

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by god_of_guitar, Feb 17, 2007.

1. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

yea its better u buy an amp here...buy guitar+pedal abroad....as for amps...please buy anything but a modelling amp. check out www.bajaao.com and www.bharatmusichouse.com

Id recommend a :
    Laney
    Randall
    Marshall
    ...last resort => Line6

2. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

If u want really awesome cleans and average effects i could suggest a Laney TFX1. Thats got amazing clean tone and very average distortion but the other effects are more than enough.

3. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

4. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

i got my TFX1 from bajaao.com ...if ur buying a tfx1 ill send u a million clips of it..

5. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

....marshalls are just too expensive dude...with 16k u can get a much better amp..even in India

6. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

7. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

yeah ... even i was thinking it is too expensive.

8. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

get something around 50w (solidstate) or 20-30w tube...

i think u should get an amp thats between 10-14k....

9. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

yeah this one looks like a killer amp.... hope it sounds great to... i think i got wat i have to buy now... i ll buy a 500-600$ guitar and this amp and a 3-5 k distortion pedal

10. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

ok so i think ill be buying the laney, a lp and a pedal.....
    im just confused which lp to buy as there are so many and wat do you think about this distortion pedalhttps://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Boss-OD3-OverDrive-Pedal?sku=151389

11. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Why are you skimping on your amp?
    The best of guitars can be reduced to cr4p using a so-so amp.

abhimanyu@mac.com is selling an Epiphone SG G400 for 17k. That would leave you 20-30k to get an amp made for classic rock. Maybe you can buy a 15W head and buy the cab here. There are people who have all tube amps for sale in Mumbai. Talk to abhimanyu.

You really should talk to other people on this forum as well as other forums before you make any decisions. They will give you suggestions based on experience.

Also, when you go abroad play as many guitars as you can through as many amps as you can before you buy anything. Nothing beats trying before buying.

12. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

thats an Overdrive pedal....u need a Distortion pedal....check out
    Boss Ds-1

As for which Les Paul....u should get a list and we can help shortlist it for ya

13. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

14. thehundredthone

Besides waiting for some of the senior members to help you you can go to https://www.rsjforum.noes.com/viewforum.php?f=8 and ask your questions there as well.

You will get good recommendations, as well as info on things available in India. Do a good bit of research before deciding on something just because of the name or looks.

15. thehundredthone

@god_of_guitar: The guitar comes with a flight case.

16. thehundredthone

17. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

yea he brought it down to 17,000. But the thing is GOG wants a LP...

18. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

and that laney is not a SO-SO amp...its got a Tube preamp and a 12" Celestion....thats more than enough for anybody in the world...

19. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

ya laney will be suffecient for me and as far as the guitar goes ill try all the guitars available and then decide most probably it will be a lp but lets see... i havnt played one so am not sure 100 % i ll get a lp. ill try scheters and wahsburns as laney suggested nd please dont recommend ibanez, i personaly dont like them, ive played on many...

20. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

wow...cool...we have so much in common...WE HATE IBANEZ!! muahahah