need help in deciding what to buy!!!

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by god_of_guitar, Feb 17, 2007.

1. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

naa. ill buy a lp. wanted to buy one since i saw slash play it in november rain video

2. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

:p me too....and dont cry...:)

then get a Metal LP...like Edwards...but u will have to get it from japan...
    www.espguitars.co.jp check out Edwards guitars...they are made by ESP but really really cheap! with EMGs , Seymours and sutff

666th post \m/

3. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

4. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

will cost u like 37,000....lets forget guitars for now...

as for amps...i suggest with at least 15k u get something nice and loud...NICE...and LOUD

I have a LaneyTFX1 and love it...will cost u less than 13k
    But thats my taste. Check out some VOXES , CRATES and LANEYS ,ORANGES ...

As for effects...since ur INTO playing...i suggest u get Analog Pedals and not processors. Check out Boss , Digitech , EHX , Dunlop , MXR and see what you need.

Id suggest:

1.Distortion
    2.Chorus
    3.Wah
    4.Reverb

Thats in Order of needingness...if thats a word...now gotta go..cya tommroow.

5. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

check out Carvin guitars if ur willing to spend a lot on a gutar....they make the best stuff....but u get it only in a few places cus u can buy only from the factory...hence u get what ur paying for and theres no middleman...

6. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

kk cya... thnxx for the help... i think ill be needing distortion and wah by the way

7. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

can u tell me any places in china, hongkong, bangkok where i can buy all this stuff from

8. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

A nice chat session you 2 had there :)

9. Nouman011

Nouman011 New Member

10. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

does nyone of u know where i can find good guitars in hongkong, china or bankok

11. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

@god of guitar : give me a few hours and ill find some shops for you. If you are going to Japan you can get one of the best guitars in the world. For a tiny price too. But i guess you wont be going. As for Bangkok i can let u know within the hour cus a friend is going there too....

12. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

This place is the official dealer for Schecters and some other guitars. Best place to start off with IMO:

Asia Music
    171-175 Chakkrawad,
    Samphantawong
    Bangkok, 10100
    Phone: 66-2-2222394-2228601
    Fax: 66-2-2260221
    Email: asiamusicth@yahoo.com

Theres a place called Siam Centre that keeps Deans and million other guitars...Try googling for the address..

This place is the official dealer for ESPs :
    BOOSEY & HAWKES
    39/1,322 Werng Nakorn Kasem Charekrung Rd.
    City/Postal Code
    Bangkok 10100 66-2-223-5608 f 66-2-225-6133

13. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

There are many makers of LP's other than Epi. Agile is an example, there are lots of decent Japanese brands.

Check out the Washburn Idol series guitars. https://washburn.com/products/electrics/idol/index.aspx

Don't go all out on your processors unless you have a really good amp. Either buy a really good amp only, or buy a modelling processor and play it through a PA type speaker.

14. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

yea....buy a damn good amp....something at least 300$...and just buy 2 pedals for now

15. thehundredthone

The important question is are you a bedroom guitarist or part of a band? That's where amp power becomes important.

16. thehundredthone

For good amp+guitar take a
    Washburn WI64 for $360
    Laney VC115-110 for $540 OR a Pignose G40V amp for $319

Or if you're bedroom guitaring why not a
    Gibson SG Faded for $580

Heh, I'm a little crazy.

If you have the money for it then buy a decent guitar and try and get a nice all tube amplifier. Add effects some other time :)
    Don't go all out for a 100W amp because
    a) Too much power for bedroom or jamming
    b) Very big
    c) Any gig you might play in India will have PA system. You can mic your amp through them

For jamming, a nice 30-50W (solid state) amp with 10" speakers or so should do.
    For bedroom, 15W is sufficient (solid state). Tube amps can be much louder for the same wattage. You'll need less power because tubes perform better at higher volumes, and a 15W tube at 5 is enough to wake up the monsters under your bed (and the rest of the neighbourhood).

Your type of gear depends on the music you like. What music are you looking to play?

17. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

Classic Rock as he said before...and id suggest him to get an Amp with a 12" speaker so he doesnt have to upgrade again.

@GOG:Try some Orange amps too! they make some good stuff...or if ur looking at a lot of GIGs...maybe a EPIPHONE VALVE JR and a nice 4x12 cab....the VJ should cost 100$ and a decent cab should be about 300$...that would be really awesome IMO....

18. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

hey laney thanks for the adress... i am not currently in a band but will surely form or join one after i get my guitar... i think you guys are right... i should buy a gud guitar and amp nd ill buy a distortion pedal abhi and add other effects later... for amps... how do i get them from abroad... do they have some case??

19. thehundredthone

Nope. You can't get good gear unless you carry it back yourself, and amps don't come with cases. And the customs will be there to "help" you.

You'll need to have some money to give the customs official because there's no way you can sneak in an amp easily. Guitar is easier because you can sling it on your shoulder (generally they come with a case) and say that it was always yours. Pedals probably should be packed inside clothes preferably underwear :p:

If you're thinking of getting things shipped then I really sympathise.

@laneymaney: Can an Epi Valve JR drive a 4x12 cab for it's worth? Moreover, what the hell does someone need a 4x12 cab for in India? Like I said, the gigs people will play will have a PA system. 4x12" is overkill.

20. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

im going there myself... but i guess i have to buy the amp from here itself... how much will it cost here?