Need Help in Chords..!!

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by selvapunithan, Mar 6, 2012.

1. selvapunithan

selvapunithan New Member

Hi,
    As i learnt about chords from friends and forums(Forum friends).. the major chords (C, D, E, F, G, A, B) are the COMBINATION of their 1st, 3rd, and 5th keys.. means for C - C, E, G and G - G, B, D so on.. What the point of pressing C, E, C in guitar.. eventhough G is open in the 3rd string.. is it same even i didnt press the C key in 2nd string..? same question in other key(D, E, F, G, A, B) hords also.. pls clarify..

2. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Since you're playing all 6 strings at once, it makes sense to place your finger on one of the notes of the chord for each string. Therefore, for the C chord, you play CEGCE. It also gives you a nice full sound. If you didn't press C on the 2nd string and played it, you'd play a B which is not part of the C major chord....therefore you'd get a different sound from C. Not a bad sound but a different one.

3. Sumanovo razor

Sumanovo razor New Member

it wont sound good if you play the open notes...the chord will sound good if the notes used are from the same octave...

4. selvapunithan

selvapunithan New Member

Got your point bjr.. it makes sense.. Thank you so much, it helps a lot for me.. :)

5. mayur_7393

mayur_7393 New Member

Hello friends,

Visit my blog

"https://beguitarist.blogspot.in/"

This will help you to go ahead in your guitar learning journey whether you be at a beginner stage or intermediate or expert...

I am sure it will help you...

You can comment your questions tooo.....

I will answer it as soon as possible