need help in choosing a processor.....plz

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by fearofthedark, Dec 20, 2009.

1. ToneZappa

ToneZappa Member

I was just trying to let "Fearofthedark" save some money and get used to the whole idea of a multi FX unit before upgrades. New units come out real fast these days and theres always loads of secondhand products. I recently got on ebay for 50 euros (thats about 5 sets of strings) a Yamaha Magic Stomp which seems really good. Its basically all the last guitar products yamaha made in one box.

Thanks for the kind words about my sound page (its not everyones taste)

:beer:

-TZ-

2. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

The ME series lacks Amp modelling. So, if you intend to play live by going straight to the board, that could be a problem. On the the other hand if you are looking to put it infront of your roland and use it just for the effects, it would do just fine. I own a GT6 so i can tell you that the high gain(like the COB sound) on it sucks. PODs have better high gain model. I even felt that the high gain model on the zoom g2 was better than the boss. But i think that boss does low/medium gain tones better than the POD. I havent done a side by side comparison though.

Regarding effects, boss really does have the better reputation.

Dont rack your brain too much. There are lots of other things to worry about. Unless you have a specific tone/effect to emulate, i dont think mfx is that big of an issue..

Get the POD.
    P.S
    All opinions are based on the GT6 and xt..

3. fearofthedark

fearofthedark New Member

ok your votes
    line 6 (pod,pod plus) vs boss (me-20 vs me-50)
    this is final

4. ToneZappa

ToneZappa Member

If I was you I,d go to a music shop and try some out or wait and see whats new at namm 2010 (which has just started)

-TZ-

5. fearofthedark

fearofthedark New Member

dude the new shit is g2.1nu by zoom its preety nice check it out its on zoom site juz few days back let me know if any good

6. flood

flood New Member

7. fearofthedark

fearofthedark New Member

guys review for g2.1nu plz

8. fearofthedark

fearofthedark New Member

check out boss me-25