Need help in buying a guitar

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by GOHAN, Aug 15, 2006.

1. GOHAN

GOHAN New Member

HI,
    i'm new here.i want sum help in buying a new electric guitar.i cn spend up2 5000 bux.i've shortlisted GIVSON BLUE BIRD,GIVSON PYTHON and GIVSON GS1000.so cnya guys tell me wch 1 iz the bst among these and also recomend sum mre guitars widin the price range of 5000bucks.
    Iz it possible 2 upgrade the GIVSON SUPER DELUX coz i really lyk it.Upgrade in the sense,can i add a humbucking in2 it????????????
    W8ing 4 ur replies

2. Judas Priest

Judas Priest New Member

You need to be more specific. The guitar matters very less (But it still plays a major part) compared to the amp for getting some sound. You sure as hell wont be playing an electric unamplified. What kinda music are you into? What effects do you want with it? Answer those questions, and maybe then I can help you.

Givson's are in one word: TERRIBLE. Save your money and get a cheap Ibanez GRG for 10k. Get a cheap Laney or Marshall if you're into Rock/Metal. If you're one of those pop guys, I have nothing to say to you. :)

3. GOHAN

GOHAN New Member

I listen 2 Rock and sum hard rock and also a bit of pop.i'll b connecting the guitar 2 my pc so i wont need an amp.And 5000 iz the max tht i cn spend so better recomend sumthing widin tht range.BTW thnx 4 replying

4. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

blue diamond
    Its the best guitar ive ever played

5. sanjivdas

sanjivdas New Member

don't do that

Don't go for the Givson. Put in another maybe 500 and get a J&D or a GB&A, with a nice working tremolo and maple neck etc. Will serve you much better than the Givson.

6. Double Click

Double Click New Member

^^ +1 Buy the GB&A Fat Strat. Its the best u can afford

7. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Look into the GB&A or J&D brothers strat/fat strat.They will be in the 6-8K range.Save up, and you wont regret it.
    And once you realize how bad a guitar to PC sounds, you can save up for a Marshall MG15CD for about 4.5K.

8. nilu_nirvana

nilu_nirvana New Member

ppl are right, its absolutely not a wise decision to buy a givson....gba, tansen are way above the givsons...give them a try...and you might want to save some more and go for a marshall...the pc wont serve your purpose..