need help for buying guitar

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by mnm82, Nov 30, 2009.

1. mnm82

mnm82 New Member

guys i ve been playing guitar for few years now not on a regular basis though..
    right now i own a acoustic one from hobner rosewood DS365 or something..
    i want to upgrade to electric guitar and i went to a store in gurgaon where the guy showed yamaha equipment starting from 15k i dont remember the model number..

my question is that which company should i go for and which model..
    i hear a little bit of rock but mainly indian music but do wish to play some rock...

my budget is 12 to 15k but not more so plz suggest me..(i dont know anything about electric guitar and its accessories)
    waiting for ur replies..

2. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

As of now you'll need an amplifier along with the guitar..that will do.. later on you can buy the effects pedal etc..
    within your budget you can buy yamaha pacifica 012 or 112, washburn and you can also have a look at Cort X-series if available at ur place..
    regarding the amp you can buy stranger cube 20W as you're low on budget..it'll cost u around 2.5k

3. mnm82

mnm82 New Member

can u plz quote prices if possible...
    and u can suggest any company/model under my budget...
    thanks

4. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

look out at www.bajaao.com
    u'll get rough estimate of the prices..prices will be lower than at bajaao.

5. mnm82

mnm82 New Member

which one is better pac012 or 112? i guesss 112.. so will pac 112 and an amp will fit in 15k? i ll be going to market today

6. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

maybe u need to add some extra bucks..around 1-1.5k.

7. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

look out for other brands as well..

8. mnm82

mnm82 New Member

guys i m getting a deal for ERG 121G yamaha with basic accessories and 15 W yamaha amp for 16600 rs ... how is this guitar?
    shud i go for it?

9. mnm82

mnm82 New Member

i m also getting 2 yr warranty and 3 yr free service

10. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

i'd still suggest a pacifica 012 or 112.. depends on ur budget..which one u can afford

11. mnm82

mnm82 New Member

ok i think i shud be getting ibanez GRG 170DX... now how is this one??

12. metalhammer

metalhammer New Member

Guitar Hall Boutique

Guitar Hall Boutique are authorized dealers for guitars of all leading brands, having a vast range of guitars and prices that are cheaper than any shops in Mumbai.Guitar Hall Boutiques are located at Chembur and vashi.
    Mobile: 9833518423/9820428423