Need Help Fast !! Plz.........

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by varun1712, Apr 4, 2007.

1. varun1712

varun1712 New Member

i hav to go and buy an EG under 15k........ideally......... but i can streach it to 16-17k if the guitar is worth it.

currently iave decided on 4 guitars can anyone tell me which one should i buy......... an suggest any good ones..

1- Washburn Anarchy X-16
    2- Ibanez GRG270DX
    3- Aria XL DLX
    4- BC Rich Warlock / Son of Beast

I mostly play metal or hard rock.......... so can u guy help me out here....

2. varun1712

varun1712 New Member

i basically want my guitar to hav--

24 or 25 1/2 JUMBO frets
    ebony board
    humbucker pickups
    that stick thingy near the bridge...SRRY dunno what its called :p
    shark tooth inlays

3. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

Dude u better wait and Buy a Good Guitar

I wud suggest u to wait and Buy a Good guitar rather than buying some crap for 14 to 15k. My first choice wud be Fender Stratocaster. u can get to for a minimum price of 40K.
    If u r really desperate to waste ur money then goahead and buy any guitar of ur choice.
    Or else one more option is buy a good Acoustic/Electric guitar. worth 15K. That would be a good deal.
    lemme know what u have decided finally.

4. loyal

loyal New Member

The stick thingy is a whammy Bar ( more precisely tremolo arm ). Note you may land into tuning stability problems if u resort to vintage tremolo's, go for floyd rose dual locking tremolo ( this comes at a higher price ) if u really need them. But decide first does your playing style really need a tremolo ??

Floating bridges are a pain for a beginner, if u are not accustomed to them !!!!!

5. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Between 15-17k there won't be all that much improvement in guitars, but you may miss certain features in a <15k guitar.

25 1/2 frets? Ummm :think:
    Please read up about scale lengths and frets

Heh, for <15k?

It's called a tremolo. And there are various kinds. However, since you say you like to play metal you'll want what is called a locking tremolo, a type that doesn't go out of tune (too easily) when you abuse it. It's called a Floyd Rose (licensed) tremolo, or, in Ibanez guitars, an Edge/Edge pro trem.

I have a 2nd hand guitar -BC Rich Beast shaped, 24 frets, 25 1/2" scale, humbuckers and a single coil pickup; and the apparatus for the "that stick thingy near the bridge", but I need to pick up another "that stick thingy near the bridge". See my signature for info and pics.

6. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

stereo type ...fender stratocasters are overrated...

7. varun1712

varun1712 New Member

isnt fender fer like soft rock or jazz ???... anyways 16k is max i can spend that all iave got.... after all im just a kid in 11th...... so guys plz temme what u guys suggest...........

@mymusicmyguitar - 40k do not spring out frm plant do they...... i dun wanna wait iave already waited long......

8. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

get an LTD 50 series (but they arent worth the money ...but they are pretty good)

Check out some Ibanez guitars

9. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

I personally would take the warlock amongst the others because i find the warlock's neck to be just like my slammer (which is great for comfort etc etc)

PS : i dont care what you (anti B.ich) people think so don't even bother...

10. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

i basically want my guitar to hav--

24 or 25 1/2 JUMBO frets - doesnt make much diff though

ebony board - your not gonna get that for 15k sorry

humbucker pickups - most stock pickups suck so these will be very temporary for you

that stick thingy near the bridge...SRRY dunno what its called :p - I wouldnt get a floating trem because if its not original floyd it isnt worth spending more for.

shark tooth inlays - Why not shark fin or just flags and dots? :p

11. yazi

yazi Banned

Go for the ESP MH 50(18K) and then get the pickups upgraded to EMGs.

12. thehundredthone

^ Comes to minimum 24k

13. yazi

yazi Banned

But He can upgrade 'em later right? All he needs is a nice body+neck+tuners+bridge+tremolo

14. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

guys the warlock isnt bad.....it comes up to around 12k...and he can spend 4k more and but a duncan in the bridge

15. thehundredthone

Take my guitar for 9k. Then you have 6k to upgrade 2 of the 3 pickups if you really want to. They're active - well suited for heavy metal.

Laney where can I buy a trem arm?

16. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

17. varun1712

varun1712 New Member

thnx guys frm ur help.......... u ppl make sense but i cant like do what u guys said cuz im not that technically into guitars................ an plus i read sumwhere that stock Ibanez pick-ups SUCK !! is that true ??

18. varun1712

varun1712 New Member

19. varun1712

varun1712 New Member

the stuff with the ESP is gettin outta budget........ so im gonna go fer a Ibanez 270DX or the XL DLX....... an in like 9 month...on my bday, get the pick-ups upgraded ?? is that fine ? plus they cost like 12k... that wuld gimme like 8k's to buy my DigiTech RP-200A........ u guys suggest any better processor ??

20. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

Get the ESP without the floyd , the BC rich (good neck dammit!) or the Ibanez. Whichever suits you