need help deciding what 2 buy....overdrive or distorion

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by conodeen, Mar 26, 2007.

1. conodeen

conodeen New Member

hey guys,
    this my first time here. i'm like an intermediate player. right now i desperately need a distortion or overdrive or some other gear. also my budget is just about Rs7000 to RS 8000. HELP.
    plz tell me which brands are both cheap and will serve my purpose for atleast 2 to 2and half years.
    nirjhor.

2. born2tab

born2tab rhythm guitarist

instead of goin for a cheap distortion or an overdrive it would be better to go for a good processor with that budget of yours.
    Go for a Zoom G2 or something.U still end up saving handsome bucks

3. yazi

yazi Banned

IMO, go for a pedal from AMT and still save some bucks. Build a pedal array if you are serious about music.

P.S:- Don't trust me I only have a reverb and distortion.

4. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

Yup as b2t said for a good quality distortion + saving big bucks go in for Zoom G2...its quite good, tried it yesterday itself.

5. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

AMT! AMT! AMT! AMT! Amt

6. born2tab

^^^hardware freak:think:

7. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

> I know <

8. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Get your self a ncie pedal... the Boss OS-2 is the goods... Overdrive and Distortion...

Otherwise, you can alternatively use the DS-1 or MT-2...

9. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

have a look at digitech RPs theyre pretty good , or zoom,

10. born2tab

ya heard a lot about RPs..tell me about it:think:

11. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

joom joom eez bery good per maney

12. ajitmat_24

ajitmat_24 New Member

Stop talking! First tell me the difference between overide and distortion. Yesterday I went to digitech.com. And was was listening demos. I found overdrive and distortion sounding similar.

13. Double Click

Double Click New Member

^^^^ Use google, or search the forum. its been answered waaay too many times.
    Stop worrying abt which is overdrive/distortion. Buy what sounds good to u.

@conodeen - First go out and try all the procs and pedals u can find. See whether u like it. If u are happy with processor tone, buy one. Otherwise, read up on stompboxes, try em out and build a pedalboard.

@laney stop recommending AMTs every chance u get. They are not for everyone, and there are many alternatives too.

@yazi Wanna sell me the reverb? ;)

14. yazi

yazi Banned

^^^ Go lick ur self! HA HA!
    And AMTs are good.

And I find the Randy Rhoads type Overdrive fab!

15. Double Click

Double Click New Member

^^ Bitch did I say AMTs are not good?? I just said they are not for everyone, and there are other options.

16. conodeen

conodeen New Member

thnx for advise everyone. but can ne one tell me the approximate price ranges for ZOOM G2 N BOSS OS-2.
    see where i stay the stay a good guitar shop is really far. so i wont get many chances to try out the processors. hence i need to have an idea of cost too.

17. born2tab

let us know anyhow

18. Nouman011

Nouman011 New Member

My advice, If all you need is Overdrive and/or distortion, then dont waste ur time with MFX, you will eventually get tired of them. With something like the G2.1u, i would say in less than an year.

Buy a decent ANALOG overdrive or distortion. Dont buy anything that converts the sound to digital. Depending on your need you can buy anything from a Boss DS-1, or an AMT Fatal Tube. Now, as you expand your rig, these components will still be used. The key is that you wont be compromising on quality here. With even the most advanced Multi effects, you will be.

19. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

AMT Metallizer, its voicing will slay many pedals with just one power chord.

20. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ Actually, it'll be more like: single note played thru it will pwn power chord played thru any pther pedal.

:rock: