Need Help Buying An Electric Guitar

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by dhirajsapkal, Jan 21, 2008.

1. dhirajsapkal

dhirajsapkal New Member

hey guys.... Ok here's the deal... i've been playing an acoustic guitar for over a year now and an thinking of switching over to an electric..... but the problem is that i don't know anything about electric guitars or what to look out for....i paid a few visits to furtados and tried out quite a few electrics....and since my parents won't spend 20 grand on that ESP guitar my budget is kinda restrained upto a max of 13 grand inclusive of an amp....
    now.... i took friends along (all of whom have an electric) and all of them said the choice of guitar depends on me and the kind of music i wanna play.... right now i'm a fan of acoustic rithym (sorry don't know how to spell it) and love strummin to my favourites while my other friends played lead.... now its not that i suck at playing lead ( infact i play better than all of em) but there's no fun playing leads on acoustic... so i kinda need an electric that can perform well on rithym and leads as well.....
    i've shortlisted some guitars i really liked
    1) greg bennett, avion AV1- Rs 10,025/-
    2)kramer, focus VT211S- Rs 8,575/-
    3)samick LS-11S- Rs 7,675
    4)JAVA EG-11 - Rs 4,625 (sounds too cheap to last long)
    5)Silvertone (from samick) electric guitar package - Rs 8k (but that would mean either its a shity guitar or a shity amp either way its gonna be my last choice)

there's also some new guitars from a company called RAT! the guitars look like they're nothing short of 20k but is priced at 6k!... its a chinese make so i don't know about that yet...

now personally i'm a fan of slash and hence love les-paul type guitars so the greg bennett fits perfectly.... but that would mean compromising on the amp...
    also can any of the above guitars be modified?( actually i want to install an extra set of pickups that give rich acoustic sounds. )

2. dhirajsapkal

dhirajsapkal New Member

c'mon guys gimme a reply

3. siddhanthmani96

siddhanthmani96 New Member

Dude if ur a lead player try a hmi revolution rs 7100,ibanez grg 170 dx 13000 ,or fender squier bullet strat 8050

or a pluto strat or java

4. guitardoctor

guitardoctor Will Rx for food

Noobs answering two year old posts, bravo.

Welcome to IGT. Look at the date before replying, mate...

5. ankurnits

ankurnits New Member

Its k.. The post helped me at least. :p

6. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

7. dheerlakshya

dheerlakshya New Member

listen..... search the internet about the reviews of the guitars u like.... and see similar priced guitars too!! ... dont forget the amp... it matters alot.... if u like slash and les paul tone... dont go for the looks of greg bennet..... they are similar in looks with LP's and no where near a rea LP.... i suggest u dnt go for it.... try other guitars... its not necessary to achive slash tones with a LP only... i suggest if your a beginner and want a les paul go for epiphone les paul sp. II ... its good and epiphone is owned by gibson... otherwise... u can check out yamaha pacifica, esp ltd, ibanez, squire, etc etc....