Need help buying acoustic but confused with brands

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by HellGuardian, Nov 26, 2008.

1. HellGuardian

HellGuardian New Member

Hi,

my budget is Rs. 10, 000 and i wanna buy a good acoustic guitar. which brands do u suggest?? and can some1 plz compare ibanez (v70, v72e), yamaha (f310 or f210), takamine (g320) acoustic guitars with those like granada, giVson, pluto, etc. I am just starting to learn guitar, and wonder if I should buy a good one, or any of the local ones.

P.S.: I dont plan on buying another acoustic guitar later (next wud be electric :] ), so this will be my one and only acoustic guitar.

2. angel_of_sin

angel_of_sin bassist.....

u think you can compare an ibanez or a yamaha wid a giVson???????

da best bet in ur budget would be da takamine....its got a sweet melodious sound......da next option would be da yamaha.......lower end ibanez arent dat good...........

3. angel_of_sin

angel_of_sin bassist.....

and as for a good one or a local one....isnt dat obvious...it should be a one time afair.....m tellin u coz i had a giVson den i graduated to a GB&A den to a yamaha..................

4. vicks_virgo

vicks_virgo New Member

@HellGuardian: What angel_of_sin has said is absolutely correct. Go for GB&A or Pluto Accoustics and you will not be disappointed of their quality. If you can stretch your budget to somewhat greater extent, you can go for Yamaha. And please don't insult these guitars by comparing them to giVson. Good luck. Happy Guitar hunting.

5. alnico

alnico New Member

i totally agree with angel_of_sin. if your budget is around 10k don't go for Givson. Takamine or Yamaha are very good at making acosutic guitars.I currently own a Pluto( Chinese guitar i believe..) and absolutely sounds better than any of the givson acoustic guitars plus it's really cheap. Can anyone tell me why our GIVSON really SUCKS..

6. HellGuardian

HellGuardian New Member

thanks a lot for the replies...i guess ill look for a takamine or yamaha then...:)

7. blueblood_kart

blueblood_kart New Member

Hi,

I just happened to chance upon this site and it looks great. I'm planning to buy an acoustic guitar. Any idea how much it would cost? where's the best place to buy in Bangalore? Guitars have always been my fascination and I have just started learning. Not sure which model i should go for. somebody plz help me choose a basic model guitar at a reasonably cheaper price.

Karthik Durairajan

8. alnico

alnico New Member

Pluto sounds really good considering the price. it is Rs.3500 even here in the north east corner of the map!. GB&A are good also guitars .

9. blueblood_kart

blueblood_kart New Member

Hi Alnico, thanks for your inputs. Do you, by any chance know of any reliable sellers in and around Bangalore? I'll surely look around but if you have their address/contact nos, please do share with us. Also, is that a 6 stringed guitar you are talking about? Thanks!!

Karthik Durairajan