Need Cheap Condenser Microphone in Mumbai?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by khaleelda1, Feb 27, 2008.

1. khaleelda1

khaleelda1 New Member

hey guys............m in a kinda of a shitty situation.....
    well i am a budding acoustic guitar player and a singer.....(wen i say budding i mean self acclaimed) so i have come to a point where i need to record whatever crap i put out#@@@@

now wat i have gathered from past few months of research is .....

i need a CONDENSER MIC.....which iss best suited for acoustic recording as well as vocals......well but these suckers need something called phantom power!!!!!!(+48V) so now i believe i need to get a preamp which SUPPORTS phantom power....!!!!
    (by the way....all i have is a lame acoustic guitar and a throat which resonates neighbors fury, and around 3ooo indian rupees...and i stay in mumbai.......well i do have a neat PC on which i play around with fruity loops and also it has a neat set of creative 2.1 speaker set)

now......please suggest me how on earth can i set up my SO CALLED home studio to record my guitar and vocals!!!!!!!!

also please advise on the particular mic model.......because i read loads LOADS of articles on the net........but the BEST of mics that they suggest are not available here in mumbai!!!!!! so please suggest a good mic available in mumbai, which is close to 3000rs and hopefully which dosent reqiuire a preamp (as i just dont have cash for that)

{also please advise if it is worth to buy a mic here in mumbai or should i beg someone to bring one while they are returing from US or somethin like that}

thanks a truck load in advance!!!!!!
    CHEERS!!!

2. Super-Admin

Super-Admin Administrator Staff Member

my friend got this chinese made 800 bucks costing mic with a muffler on it works real swell. dont remember the name.....to you i would like to suggest sennheiser mics but i dont think they will fit ur budget.

3. musicmanPKR

musicmanPKR New Member

Try This One

You Might Want to try out Ahuja CUM-450

i don't think phantom power will be a issue with this one .. and even if it will .. it won't be a big issue as u're in mumbai

Oh and by the way .. this mic is around 1500Rs. i didn't read ur complete post but what i cud make out from the starting 2-3 Lines .. this shud be adequate :beer:

Bug me if u've got any problem ;)

4. khaleelda1

khaleelda1 New Member

Hey buddy ........

i think u shud have read my entire post ......cause u suggested me a CUM-450 !!!! WHICH IS A DYNAMIC MIC !!!!!

I NEED A CONDENSOR MIC...!!!!

Guys PLEASE help!!!!! i m really getting desperate here.....

5. premshankar_09

premshankar_09 New Member

Hi Everyone!

Hello Everyone!
    I am a vocalist cum guitar player based in Mumbai. I generally like playing soulful Hindi movie songs. I hope to have a good association with indianguitartabs and make many new friends here.
    And dear friends! I am also planning to buy a condenser mic. This post is now almost a year old. If the initiator of this post(with the name khaleelda1)has already bought his mic, can you please tell me whr u bought it from? If I get to buy one, i will definitely update this post!

Cheers!

6. sanket26lee

sanket26lee New Member

Condenser Microphone - Condenser Microphone Manufacturers,Condenser Microphone Suppliers & Exporters
    Check this $h#t, if it helps
    Hey , I too stay in Mumbai (Santacruz to be precise) and just to give you a sugession, try going to lamington road and find a local made microphone under 1500.
    Orrrr raise the budget and take the awesome "behringer c-1u". Its a usb mic and does not require phantom power.Around 5585/- in the andheri showroom.You can get it for around 45$~~2200/- online in USA, so if u have someone in Usa, it'll make ur purshace quite cheap. I'm planning to buy this one if my parents do pay me dat much money..:p
    Using dynamic mics isn't a bad option too. I use shure beta 58 with fruity loops. And with condensor mics, it gets too messy if u dont have a proper environment for it.