Need beginner's guitar recommendations

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by winman, Sep 20, 2005.

1. winman

winman New Member

Hi,

This is my first post around here. I'd been doing some reading into all the great stuff we have on these forums. I am glad to discover that we have such talented people around here willing to help noobs like me. This make such good guitarist so accessible.

Alright ... First a bit of intro... I've been listening to rock for more than 4 years now. I was not all that inclined till the day my friend shared his "... And justice for all" with me. It’s been head-banging all the way since then :).

I've been here in Bangalore for over a year now, and have tried a few rock music pubs. Purple haze is my favorite and I’ve been to Styx, Pecos, guzzler’s inn and a few more.

I now am pretty certain, after years of listening to rock, that I want to learn how to play a guitar. I am more interested in being a lead guitarist.

I went through the amazing Guitar Buying Guide on this forum, and have decided that I would first need to get an acoustic. I don't feel all that great about it but seems like a sensible thing to do.

I would need a few suggestions on buying one and a place to go and try these out here in Bangalore. It would be great if you could make this specific to Bangalore. There are enough posts here already discussing guitar vendors all over the country. I'd like to get to know about the best buys around here, acoustic up to 3K, electric up to 10K is fine with me. How are the prices up on eBay.in? Is starting with an electric really not all that good?

Looking forward to hear back from you guys.

Thanks.

2. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

:welcomean

Hiya dude....welcome to IGT.....glad u too into rock...

regarding guitars...i sugesst you go for a cheaper one right now....get the feel of it...and then when you are confortable with it you can go for a good expensive one...

always start with an accoustic....you can refer to this thread for more details https://indianguitartabs.com/showthread.php?t=2106

we have quite a few ppl frm bangalore so they can advice u regarding shops and stuff...

happy posting :beer:

3. winman

winman New Member

Hey Thanks Cypher. :)

You make me feel a bit more convinced on getting an acoustic. I do think that I should go for a cheaper one right now. Still not sure which among these cheaper ones are better than the others in its class. Specific guitar makes that is.

Awaiting responses from fellow bangaloreans on a few places I could go check these guitars out.

4. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

no probs dude....