need advice on setup...

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by DrSaurabh, Dec 9, 2005.

1. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

Ummm..Marty Friedman used the GT-6 into the mixing board for the entire 'Music for Speeding' album..so I guess its ok for metal too!

2. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

ok someone .........jay*ahm* hindirox or ronnie da tell em bout ax1500g's wah.......

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Wahs of all the processors are usually bad.

May be high end ones like GNX3/4 or GT8 will be better, but anyway they suck infront of real wah pedals.

4. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

haha./..the wah of my zoom 606 was hilarious...it was more of a swish..haha, i used to call it my wahmy pedal

5. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

MArty Friedman used the Roland VG88 thingy and GT6 together. He never used the GT6 alone. So is your question answered???

6. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Well seems like he hasnt checked the GT8 yet
    LOL

7. chintan9

I knew you were Jayanth all along^^^^^

8. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^^^ How does the statement on GT8, make you say that?
    It might so happen that I am just mighty impressed with GT8.

I might be impressed with GFX8, and start praising it all over: doenst mean that I am Chintan9

;p

9. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

Err...not really
    I have the Young Guitar GT6 seminar where he is very clearly playing through just the GT6. I also recall an interview with him where he mentions how he tried a lot of Marshalls etc for the sound on Music for Speeding and finally gave up and used the GT-6 alone.
    Also to use the VG-88 you need a MIDI pickup like GK-2A or piezo saddles with a hex output. None of Marty's guitars has this afaik..not the Jacksons he used earlier and not the Ibanez models he uses now.

10. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

To add to this, I remember Marty Friedman saying somewhere that the future is in digital emulation and sound processors. (dont remember exactly where he said that)

11. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

@ Chintan .. I'm not alpha1.. If you still have doubts contact the admin and check the IP.. alpha 1 is an amazing guitarist..

@ alpha1 : The Wah on GT8 is amazing.. I could get the Hendrix VC tone out of it quite easily..

@ Whoever thinks i'm alpha1 : :p: SUCKERS!!!!

12. chintan9

@alpha- Ok i will tell you why you are Jayanth
    Firstly- You have horrible Grammar(like Mr hindi rox)

Secondly- you own the ax100g which Mr hindi rox also owns.You actually unknowingly gave out your identity with the post that I have quoted

Thirdly- You try to promote Hindi rox by agreeing to all his posts and make absolutely no sense by doing that.

13. chintan9

I dont know about the YOung Guitar GT6 seminar. But this is what Marty said in a guitar instructional video back in 2003.

And the thing about he not using a VG88 system. Click the link below

https://martyfriedman.com/news-detail.php?id=93&sub=Interviews

Question 12!!!!

14. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

come ON!
    all your points (1,2 & 3) are disputable:
    1. everyone on web has horrible grammar (one doent need to put in his best english here - who cares?)
    2. so what - so many ppl in this world own it, I still cannot fathom how that post (GT8 one) revealed my identity?
    3. Again no evidence to corroborate what u said

Anyway: Let there be peace!

15. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

@ alpha1 : Dont bother about him.. He got scared last night due to those attacks.. Ha ha ha... tHats why he is acting like that..

@ Chintan : Biggest Bakra on this site so far is you.. Sorry to say I'm not alpha1.. I dont have horrible grammar.. I just dont have pateience to type things upto perfection.. Talking about Bad grammar, next time use yourself as an example.. Makes matters simpler..

@ abhijithnath: You are right.. In The Boss Magazine, Marty Friedman has said that he uses the Gt6.. Not only him even Dave Mustaine Uses it.. Used to atleast.. Dave and Marty have endorsed Boss for quite a long time..

16. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Nothing d00d.

am cool.